Opinions on a good straight up hunting optic for $500-$700 dollars

Creedmoor shooter

Hey guys, what all your opinions on a good hunting scope to go on a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 creed? Trying to keep the overall package around 8lbs scoped. This will be my 0-500 yard whitetail rifle and will also be for my boy when he goes hunting next year so I dont need anything fancy. Looking for something in that 3-15ish power range with an easy to use reticle. Illumination is nice but not a must. A low profile exposed turrent is a bonus. I've seen a few but just cant make up my mind. Trying to keep in around d 500-700 bucks

Hey guys, what all your opinions on a good hunting scope to go on a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 creed? Trying to keep the overall package around 8lbs scoped. This will be my 0-500 yard whitetail rifle and will also be for my boy when he goes hunting next year so I dont need anything fancy. Looking for something in that 3-15ish power range with an easy to use reticle. Illumination is nice but not a must. A low profile exposed turrent is a bonus. I've seen a few but just cant make up my mind. Trying to keep in around d 500-700 bucks
have you looked at the meopta optika 6 line of scopes for the money they are hard to beat

Keep your eyes out for a good used Leupold VX3 in 4.5-14x50mm/ maybe a 3.5-10x44mm or similar, or Zeiss Conquest variable. JMO
Anything like that is what I have in mind. I dont need anything that has to get me to 1000+ yards. I've got another 6.5 creed and a 7mm rem mag for and long range stuff. I'm just sick of packing a 12-15lb rifles up and down the mountains especially when my typical hunting shot is about 80 yards

Get the best 3 x 9 x 40 variable that hits your price range or the Leupold 3.5 x 10 x 40 VX-3

this should keep your weight down.....and you have a reasonable long range rig for shooting animals in the same zip code

One the lower end, Eurooptic has Gen 1 Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP scopes for $450. The elimination and FFP would be good for 0-500 yards.

One the lower end, Eurooptic has Gen 1 Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP scopes for $450. The elimination and FFP would be good for 0-500 yards.

I have one of those. Never been happy with the clarity or light transmission

I don't have the most experiance like most others on here but checkout Athlon. I'm impressed with mine and my buddy who owns several of the "big guys" including Schmidt and Benders and liked mine enough to buy one. You can get alot of scope for the $.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.