Opinions on a good straight up hunting optic for $500-$700 dollars

Hey guys, what all your opinions on a good hunting scope to go on a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 creed? Trying to keep the overall package around 8lbs scoped. This will be my 0-500 yard whitetail rifle and will also be for my boy when he goes hunting next year so I dont need anything fancy. Looking for something in that 3-15ish power range with an easy to use reticle. Illumination is nice but not a must. A low profile exposed turrent is a bonus. I've seen a few but just cant make up my mind. Trying to keep in around d 500-700 bucks

.blackhoundoptics.com
A 41 year old scope manufacturer that has awesome scopes with a lifetime transferable warranty at unbelievably low prices. Comes with everything needed. Use code 6235097 for a 5% discount and free shipping included. Definitely worth checking out.

10x is plenty for 500 yards. If you're not doping the scope I would get a 3.5-10x40 Vx3i. If you're a magnification junky get the 4.5-14x40 Vx3i. They are excellent light weight hunting scopes for traditional applications or hold overs

IMHO most of the scopes mentioned are overkill for a lightweight hunting rifle.

Keep it light, keep it low and keep it simple.

The best choice for decades has been the Leupold 2.5-8x36. Everytime I see one at a bargain price I buy it.
Any chance you could share experiences with the 6.5-300 Weatherby?

Go to blackhoundoptics.com and there is a great 4-14x44 (30 mil tube) at an unbelievable price. It comes with rings, flip up caps and sun shade. Use code 6235097 for a 5% discount and free shipping included.

On second thought I'd spend the extra Ben and get the 6-24.

Vortex Optics Strike Eagle Rifle Scope 34mm Tube 5-25x 56mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments Rev Stop Zero Sytem Locking Turrets Side Focus First Focal Illuminated EBR-7C MRAD Reticle Matte Midway USA $699.00 with rings also made in MOA

Last edited:
When did a 20+ x magnification, exposed turret, illuminated scope become a "straight up hunting scope" for 500yds anyway? I don't want to carry all that the 500 yards to where the animal fell, much less whatever distance it took to find it before the shot!

For what it is worth ...
US Optics website says 18.11oz. I'm guessing optics planet is wrong
Yeah that's almost half what they had listed. I want to hear FEENIX's impressions of it?

For what it is worth ...

Without caps (18.2 ounces) ...
USO TS-12 1 of 2.jpg

With caps (19.3 ounces) ...
USO TS-12 2 of 2.jpg

Last edited:
For what it is worth ...

For what it is worth ...

For what it is worth ...

Without caps (18.2 ounces) ...
View attachment 189532

With caps (19.3 ounces) ...
View attachment 189533
How do you like these scopes as I have been looking at them and they are made in USA. Europitcs has this for 396.67 good price.
US Optics 3-12x42mm Non-Illuminated FFP MHR Reticle .1mrad TS-12X-MHR

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts