Oh my surely not

I don't take these guys seriously. You may get a good article or 2 out of them every once and awhile, but I mostly see them tootin they're own horns. I do love my 270 wsm though.

I should probably lead off with this disclaimer: I thoroughly enjoy Ron's articles and find that he does an admirable job presenting clear facts and concise and honest writing. He tells you what he thinks, but he always allows you to have your own. I guess you could call me a Ron "supporter".

With that disclaimer out of the way, I think those criticizing Ron's article are kinda silly...and might be Creedmoor supporters? He lists a bunch of facts, says that the Creedmoor doesn't have too many objective advantages to it when compared to similar cartridges (but he also notes that it does have some advantages), and then says, "But you know what, it's great that we have so many options, and y'all should shoot what you like!", and then y'all crucify him and call him a Fudd. Sounds like a bunch of hurt feelings to me.
Sorry, I just think I'm way funnier than I really am ............. or so my wife says.
Somebody has to laugh at my jokes!!

I agree the old stuff is fun to shoot and when your eyes are young can be very accurate at long range. I still have a Remington Rolling Block Creedmoor 32" barrel in 45-70 with rear tang sight which is very accurate however my eyes have a real problem with this peep sight on dark days.
I love the nostalgia but progress marches on regardless of how good what we currently have is. Man is always looking for a better mouse trap.
Shoot what you love because there is no such thing as the perfect caliber cartridge or rifle.

I thought the article was a useful recitation of facts.
Ok I meant for this to be in general discussion but low and behold I screwed that up
With 270WSM in your name, that's probably easy. 😉 /hide
Real men use 30WCF's with buckhorns.
Fixed it for ya. I guess City slickers used peep sights.
Ok, where'd you find the pic of my cousin-sister-wife and her in-laws? My uncle normally wears pants, but grandma got sick of picking nits out of the seams.
Is he drunk and trying to teach that "sheep" a lesson? 😱

I should probably lead off with this disclaimer: I thoroughly enjoy Ron's articles and find that he does an admirable job presenting clear facts and concise and honest writing. He tells you what he thinks, but he always allows you to have your own. I guess you could call me a Ron "supporter".

With that disclaimer out of the way, I think those criticizing Ron's article are kinda silly...and might be Creedmoor supporters? He lists a bunch of facts, says that the Creedmoor doesn't have too many objective advantages to it when compared to similar cartridges (but he also notes that it does have some advantages), and then says, "But you know what, it's great that we have so many options, and y'all should shoot what you like!", and then y'all crucify him and call him a Fudd. Sounds like a bunch of hurt feelings to me.
Sort of sounds like you are not a creed fan boy and your feelings are a bit hurt because others think his drivel is worthless. IMHO he appeals to those who hear what they want to hear and those who are much more objective and been around awhile find him to be an arrogant troll.

Sort of sounds like you are not a creed fan boy and your feelings are a bit hurt because others think his drivel is worthless. IMHO he appeals to those who hear what they want to hear and those who are much more objective and been around awhile find him to be an arrogant troll.
Nah, I'm not against the Creedmoor at all. It's going to be my next rifle purchase in fact. True, I'm still pretty new at everything, but numbers don't generally lie. I guess all I want to hear is objectivity, maybe a little humor, and some good stories; that's what Ron gives me. 🤷‍♂️

My 54 Sharps is all I need, everything else is new fangled high-tech garbage.
Smokeless powder is a fad.
Real men use 30-30s with buckhorns.
30-40 Krag is fine, we don't need the Kaiser's Mauser or the Swede's 6.5.
The 270 is for women who can't handle the 30-06.
The 308 only exists because America can't produce real men who can handle the 30-06 like their Nazi-punching dads.
All these scopes are a fad, they're just a crutch for poor shooters.
The 223 kills with hydrostatic shock, if you hit something in the foot its brain explodes.
Only cartridges at least 100 years old matter.
Everything new makes me mad.

Covered it? Good to go. Curmudgeons be curmudgeons in every decade.
You wanna explain why you need those fancy copper jackets on your boolits?!

6DB62EA4-230F-4371-8795-37AB369B8E18.jpeg

You know, in the old days, when there was Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, and Sports Afield, there were shooting columns, and the rest of the articles were about hunting and fishing. Some of those were very well written, approaching real literature. Now all we have is the latest gear compared and contrasted. There have been scads of these 6.5 CM/260/6.5 Swede articles. Nothing is new, and we can all look at the numbers. Boring.

Nah, I'm not against the Creedmoor at all. It's going to be my next rifle purchase in fact. True, I'm still pretty new at everything, but numbers don't generally lie. I guess all I want to hear is objectivity, maybe a little humor, and some good stories; that's what Ron gives me. 🤷‍♂️
"Numbers" are only as good as the shooter,

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.