NXS Scope Bought and Finally Decided on Reticle

wildcat

Well,

I was finalLy able to order my scope today, and I decided on the reticle too. The scope is for my custom 300 Varminter. I ordered the Nightforce NXS 8x32x56mm with the MLR Reticle AND Butler Creek flip up covers.

I decided to use the NXS 8x32x56mm because it offered excellent magnification and Windage/Elevation MOA adjustment. I know the 5.5x22x56mm overed more MOA adjustment, however, I needed more magnifaction.

I decided the MLR reticle would be perfect for my needs. The windage marks, I beleive, are spaced 1.72MOA apart. Richard Franklin, said this is the best reticle he has used, and he highly recommended it for my rifle. When a gunsmith like Richard gives you advice, you better listen, I did.

I ordered the scope and covers from Bruno's Shooting Supply. They were very helpful and did not charge for shipping and handeling. They have everything a shooter needs, and they seem to be a little cheaper than Sinclair or Natchez. They also carry Vhitavuori Powder that is sometimes hard to find and get.

Anyhow, the project is finally coming togather.

W.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts