Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

The dots are not of great interest to me, but the numbers are. They make it much quicker to get on target in certain situations.

Just my 2 cents.

I would agree with that for sure.

I think I am gonna sit on this conversion until after next hunting season, see how some of the guys that use these like them and go from there. I have no doubt the numbers are nice, but I would like to see if people experience the so to speak "busy" dots as a hindrance or an asset. I could also see how they could be pretty nice. My only fear is in the process of finding the right dot in the right line in the heat of the moment in a hunting situation?????? Who knows.

I agree, a Leupold with an MOA reticle just made life better!!!!!

I'm going to have it done in my MK4. I'm curious to see how much the dots clutter the view. I'm betting it's minimal. I kind of like the functionality of the dots for long range wind holds for quicker shots.

Popping in for an update to see if anybody has had this installed yet and if you like it or not?

Part of me still thinks it's kinda busy looking but on the other hand the dots could be super nice

Out of curiosity, at what magnification are the sub tension numbers accurate? Are they right on at max magnification or half mag?

Popping in for an update to see if anybody has had this installed yet and if you like it or not?

Part of me still thinks it's kinda busy looking but on the other hand the dots could be super nice

Out of curiosity, at what magnification are the sub tension numbers accurate? Are they right on at max magnification or half mag?

I had mine done. I haven't shot with it yet. I'm waiting for my rifle to come back from a rebarrel. Anyway, the reticle is clean and not at all "busy". I'll update as I get some trigger time behind it. The subtension is accurate at max power.

I had mine done. I haven't shot with it yet. I'm waiting for my rifle to come back from a rebarrel. Anyway, the reticle is clean and not at all "busy". I'll update as I get some trigger time behind it. The subtension is accurate at max power.

Sweet. I have a 6.5-20 VX-3 that this would be really cool in I think.

Kinda a strange request, but is there any way you could get an actual picture looking through the actual scope? Just curious how the reticle transfers onto real glass.

I'm in nearly the same boat. Had mine done and waiting (hopefully later this week) to get a new .280AI build back from the gunsmith. I don't think it looks too busy at all and am looking forward to some range time with it to really get a feel for it.

Sweet. I have a 6.5-20 VX-3 that this would be really cool in I think.

Kinda a strange request, but is there any way you could get an actual picture looking through the actual scope? Just curious how the reticle transfers onto real glass.

This is what it looks like through the scope.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 65
Excellent! I was really considering selling my leupold and getting a vortex or something with moa reticle. I actually really like this. Appears the dots are small enough not to dominate, yet easily accessible if one were to want to hold wind with the.

So in a 6.5-20 at what magnification does it hold the accurate values numbered in the scope?

Thanks a ton for the great pic. Actually just made my decision really easy. After hunting season I am gonna take my scope off and send it in. Thanks again

Excellent! I was really considering selling my leupold and getting a vortex or something with moa reticle. I actually really like this. Appears the dots are small enough not to dominate, yet easily accessible if one were to want to hold wind with the.

So in a 6.5-20 at what magnification does it hold the accurate values numbered in the scope?

Thanks a ton for the great pic. Actually just made my decision really easy. After hunting season I am gonna take my scope off and send it in. Thanks again

All the Leupold SFP subtensions are calibrated for max magnification. The 6.5-20 will get a different version of the reticle.

I heard that Leupold with not change out the reticles in pre-exsisting customer's 6.5-20x FFP scopes. Anyone know if that's true?

I heard that Leupold with not change out the reticles in pre-exsisting customer's 6.5-20x FFP scopes. Anyone know if that's true?

No, this upgrade is for SFP only. The 6.5-20 is not available as of yet. I was informed that it is in QC now and will be available within the next few weeks.

I really like that reticle. Having gone from MOA to MILs & back to MOA, this just might be what I am looking for. I will have to wait for the 6.5-20 reticle though, 14x has never really tripped my trigger.

Brent, While you're waiting on that rifle to come back, ship that bad boy to Wyo, I'll make sure it works properly :D

t

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.