Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

I really like that reticle. Having gone from MOA to MILs & back to MOA, this just might be what I am looking for. I will have to wait for the 6.5-20 reticle though, 14x has never really tripped my trigger.

Brent, While you're waiting on that rifle to come back, ship that bad boy to Wyo, I'll make sure it works properly :D

Haha. I'd actually consider it if I could keep my hands off it every time I open the safe. I think I'd miss it too much. I keep imagining how a giant brown bear will through the new reticle when I go up to AK this spring.

Gotta watch out this kind reticle will grow on you i really cant see myself owning another scope without the vortex 2bc reticle. It is awesome.

Agreed. I bought a razor with that ebr 2b and I love it. That's the reason I put the new reticle this mark 4.

Just figured I'd give you guys a quick update on the Leupold MOA reticle after I've had a chance to use it for a while. My scope is a 2012 model mark 4 LR/T with M1 knobs. I ended up mounting it on my 7mm RM because I was tired of letting the scope sit in the safe while I waited for the the intended rifle to come back from getting a new barrel.

Anyway, I'm glad I put it on the 7RM because its a perfect fit. The new reticle is extremely easy to use. It's not "busy" at all, the wind dots are easy to reference to the MOA hash marks and the subtensions are spot on.

I recently worked up a load for my 7mm with RL33 and 180 VLDs and used the reticle exclusively for compensation out to several different targets ranging in size from clay targets at 535 yards to 10" steel plates at 670 yards during trajectory validation. Overall, I'm confident using this reticle exclusively for compensation. Also, I was notified a few days ago that the 6.5-20 version is available for anyone that's interested. I know I'll be sending mine in.

Just figured I'd give you guys a quick update on the Leupold MOA reticle after I've had a chance to use it for a while. My scope is a 2012 model mark 4 LR/T with M1 knobs. I ended up mounting it on my 7mm RM because I was tired of letting the scope sit in the safe while I waited for the the intended rifle to come back from getting a new barrel.

Anyway, I'm glad I put it on the 7RM because its a perfect fit. The new reticle is extremely easy to use. It's not "busy" at all, the wind dots are easy to reference to the MOA hash marks and the subtensions are spot on.

I recently worked up a load for my 7mm with RL33 and 180 VLDs and used the reticle exclusively for compensation out to several different targets ranging in size from clay targets at 535 yards to 10" steel plates at 670 yards during trajectory validation. Overall, I'm confident using this reticle exclusively for compensation. Also, I was notified a few days ago that the 6.5-20 version is available for anyone that's interested. I know I'll be sending mine in.

Excellent!! I have a 6.5-20 that it will work nicely in. Although it will be hard to give up the target dot I currently have. Sounds cool. The windage dots seem like they could be great and a nuisance at the same time. Sounds like it is probably worth the upgrade though.

Anyone have a link to Leupolds website to where you can have the reticle work done.
I assume its there custom shop? Been to there website but did not see where to go from there.

Brentc

Thanks for the link. Sent a VX3 4.5x14x50 LR this week to have the TS- 32X1reticle installed in.
Hope it works as well as it looks

Brentc

Thanks for the link. Sent a VX3 4.5x14x50 LR this week to have the TS- 32X1reticle installed in.
Hope it works as well as it looks

How long until you get this scope back? The VX3 4.5-14x50 with the new TS-321X reticle is the exact scope I want to put on my lightweight elk rifle. Currently have a Vortex Viper PST, and switching to the Leupold is going to save several ounces.

If you think of it, maybe you could post up your thoughts on the new reticle once you get it out for some use.

How long until you get this scope back? The VX3 4.5-14x50 with the new TS-321X reticle is the exact scope I want to put on my lightweight elk rifle. Currently have a Vortex Viper PST, and switching to the Leupold is going to save several ounces.

If you think of it, maybe you could post up your thoughts on the new reticle once you get it out for some use.

Granted I live only about a couple miles from their plant, but it only took them a few days to install this new reticle in my scope - the same one you're looking at.

I've only had it at the range doing load development so far in my new .280AI. I've been using nothing but Nightforce 5.5-22x50's with the NPR1 reticle for the last few years and have gotten very used to those scopes. This Leupold in comparison is taking some getting used to primarily because it's simply different. At 300 yards, the crosshairs don't necessarily cover the 3" target circles that I use, but between the top end of 14 and the thickness of the reticle, it's much tougher to get a great view of this small target. That being said, I don't think this will be any issue at all when used for hunting and shooting at game, whether it's elk or gophers.

Other than that, I am growing pretty fond of this new scope for this gun (one of my objectives was keeping the weight at under 9lbs and this scope helps accomplish that). It's clear, the reticle doesn't seem too busy at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts