Finally decided on a scope for my 300wsm

Camshaft

So i have been torn on this subject and going back and forth for a few months now, mainly between the Ziess 6.5-24 conquest and Vortex PST 6-24. I wanted the best glass possible but the Ziess just didn't have the elevation travel I feel I needed. The PST is great but I didnt want to spend money on ill reticle and zero stop features that I feel I didn't need when that money could have been applied towards features I did want, like better glass!! So it hit me like an epiphany. Why have I not been looking at Sightron? I recalled hearing about their long range MOA model coming out, looked it up and sure enough, its on shelves and my mind is made up! Hope I made the right call.

Sightron Riflescopes / Binoculars / Sighting Scopes product pages. SIII Series - SIII SS 6-24X50 LRMOA

Last edited:
I've heard some very good things about the SIII, although I've never had my hands on one. I would also like to get my hands on one of the PST's to see if they also live up to the reputation they have been given.

Let us know how the SIII turns out, I would like to know some more about it.

Talk with Scott at liberty optics. Best guy you will ever meet!! great prices and no bull ****!

What will this rifle be used on? targets or game?

Its just my practice rifle for long range steel. It was bought mainly to practice with and save barrel life on my 300rum with is my primary hunting /LR rifle.

Then the sightron might be your best bet. All the scopes all sight close to the same weight. The sightron has great class, good elevation and everything. I was in close to the same shoes as you but my rifle is mainly for game. I just purchased the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50mm for shots up close and shots out too 600 yards!

I think the Sightron and Vortex will be your best bet because of the elevation cause the zeiss doesn't have as much but does carry some fantastic glass

How much elevation adjustment do you need? I have the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 on both my long range rifles and I am very happy with them.I agree that they don't have as much adjustment as others.My rigs are setup through 1200 yards with 20 moa bases. Whe I compared the zeiss to others to me the Zeiss stood out optically and the tracking is excellent.

Good call on the sightron. It may not have the bells and whistles (mainly the lighted reticle) but it has better glass and tracks awesome. I have two SIII's on my varmint rigs.

Jon

call Kevin Cram at Montour County Rifles, a sponser on here. he sells Sightron scopes and will be the cheapest price you'll find.

I have a PM inbound to Kevin regarding the LRMOA unit. I was just looking through the optics for sale forum and see a few NF's for sale. I was almost tempted to save a few hundred more and snag one of the 5.5-22-56 models on there. But i think i will stick with the Sightron first. My best scope to date was my Nikon monarch so i am very excited to step up to a new level of optical clarity, and mechanical performance!

I have been waiting for the Vortex HS LR to hit the shelves but I just can't wait anymore. I have a Zeiss and I like it but have been very interested in the Vortex PST and HS line. The Sightron LRMOA looks exactly what I am looking for. I wish it had a zero stop but other than that it looks perfect. Let me know if you find a good deal because I am going to get one on the way within the next week.

The new SIII looks perfect for my needs as well. Any new news from you guys that where in teh process of getting one and where you picked one up at/from?

BT

2011-08-03_204218.jpg

I ended up getting the mildot/mil adjustment version. SWFA.com had one on their sample list page for $699.00!!! I could not resist the savings. I like it so far but really havnt got to evaluate it much yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.