Not equipment related methods to improve groups

BG,
You don't have to worry about shooting between heart beats because it is obvious, you have no heart :)
Sorry, couldn't help it. Not a big deal if people misuse words. It's a mute point.

game: find the misused/misspelled word ;)
mute

BG,
You don't have to worry about shooting between heart beats because it is obvious, you have no heart :)
Sorry, couldn't help it. Not a big deal if people misuse words. It's a mute point.

game: find the misused/misspelled word ;)
It's pointless to discuss not looking like a fool with someone that thinks it is. I don't care if you think I'm heartless. At least I'm not fooling myself. And, the word like this discussion is moot.

It's pointless to discuss not looking like a fool with someone that thinks it is. I don't care if you think I'm heartless. At least I'm not fooling myself. And, the word like this discussion is moot.
I doubt there are many folks that need to worry about shooting between heart beats. Probably doesn't make a top 10 of things that make you more accurate at long range. I just couldn't resist making the heartless comment :)

I doubt there are many folks that need to worry about shooting between heart beats. Probably doesn't make a top 10 of things that make you more accurate at long range. I just couldn't resist making the heartless comment :)
I'm glad you get off on insulting people with baseless commentary that radically mischaracterizes them. That's super good for all involved. Back to the topic at hand then?

SMH.... I am one of those weirdos who read every post on threads I think might be interesting and help me learn. I just spent 20ish minutes reading every post on this thread, half of which were pointless squabblings of grown teenagers. If you wish to get into a ****ing match, please do it privately and don't waste everyone's time. If your comments aren't constructive to the OP, please make them privately.

it's as bravo 4 said. With the addition that follow up schools and courses of fire exist and help further refine skills.

The problem with the school house is that they teach just the ambush method in the school as a way of letting the target come to your lead. It's fine, but rarely are people that predictable.

There's another method called the tracking method, but in real life best used in a combo of the both. This is because if you are in support of a assault team, typically snipers are on two of and assault count and charges go off on 1, you don't have time to wait for a target to walk into your shot before the assault starts. Range 62b got some movers and camp atterbury which is used a lot for pre-deployment training has electronic movers. Most humbling teacher is experience in real time, not to say foundation work isn't important too.
Yep if nothing else what we instruct develops a basic skill to build upon, but it also trains spotters to make split second decisions and shooters to learn how to "make" their rifle fire when needed instead of "letting it surprise you" like most are taught. If you misjudged the wind a couple MPH or the pace of the walker a little you have a potential miss. These things are on demand, require precision and force critical thinking. It isn't easy, especially for the fledgling shooters we get. Many people are rather amazed that one can repeatedly have impacts on such a relatively small moving target at those ranges, especially under varying conditions. Those are the guys that tend to get sent home early.:D

Most have the military bond, which tends to be a little tougher around the edges in a debate setting, but make no mistake, I would to go shooting with dfan or most anyone else here.

This is why I feel weird whenever you get the rando that finds out you were in and says thank you for your service...my mind can't help from thinking "if you only knew what we say and do to each other...especially the new guy"

+1 And start at 100 yards & move out farther when you master that or use a smaller target. We're hitting golf balls at 300 yards with Aguila SV 22lr I paid $15/brick for.

Get a 22lr and AR-500 steel targets painted white. The instant sight and sound feedback of how the perfect shot feels builds muscle memory faster then anything and 22lr is cheap to shoot.
Gonna add to this if ya don't mind;
AR500 is not needed for .22LR, you can get away with just about any steel plates. If you plan on using these plates for moving up to a high velocity cartridge then get the higher rated steel as advised above.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.