Nice groups at 100, 200 no groups..

Oh, I was just reacting to the poster who was describing getting a rifle w/ 1:11 when advertised as 1:9. Admittedly, a bit facetious in my reply but man would I be torqued off if that happend to me. I'm currently a bit frustrated that Sako won't offer their Varmint Laminate in .22-250 in faster than 1:12. On top of that Baretta won't import the 7mm-08 version. So I'm venting.
Yeah, I would like to add that Berettas marketing agreement with Tikka/Sako wont allow them to sell single stage set triggers in the U.S. even though they are an option at the factory. Whats up with that!! My gunsmith cant even buy them nor can he convert the trigger like most other mfrs.

Yeah, I would like to add that Berettas marketing agreement with Tikka/Sako wont allow them to sell single stage set triggers in the U.S. even though they are an option at the factory. Whats up with that!! My gunsmith cant even buy them nor can he convert the trigger like most other mfrs.

Never had that problem. So I can't add anything. I have had problems with poor groups. Generally found that the rifle needed to bedded, and clearance between the barrel and the stock to float the barrel. I have seen keyhole, but the barrel was done, and time to replace it.

Have a hard time believing it's a stability issue. I've had issues with bullets not holding up to the velocities I was pushing them and grenading in the air. But even those wouldn't throw an 8 inch group at 200 yards. If the holes aren't keyholed, I'm gonna say it's not a stability issue. Try other ammo to eliminate that possibility. It's gotta be something obvious to cause such a problem.

Screenshot_20201124-192645_Chrome.jpg

1st picture is rotated 90 CW but cold and clean 1.5 inches out, then 2 touching at 200. 7RM, 175 Nosler ABLR.
Then at 600 yards looking for drops, I shot this mess. Same loaded lot of components.
6-8" lower than predicted and all over the place, at about 8" "groups". Looks like a shotgun.
So, yes, your .25 min rifle with a terrible bullet can surprise you when you stretch it out midrange.
I found out later that these bullets were developing a bad history at least for this production era. Back to Berger 180's....

Attachments

• 20200508_120243.jpg
    20200508_120243.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • 20200508_120158.jpg
    20200508_120158.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 20200508_120152.jpg
    20200508_120152.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
Your definitely not the only one having trouble with ablr. They seem to throw fliers for no reason in lots of different rifles. Regular accubonds have been pretty good.
Shep

Not stalking at all. It's pretty easy to remember a guy who thinks hes going to kill dogs at least 300 yards with a .22 LR... Theres not to many of those special ones out there...Its just hard to even take you serious at this point lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts