Nice groups at 100, 200 no groups..

All older 700s had that forend pressure, along with most weatherbys. They seemed to shoot just fine. I'll only float and bed if the rifle isnt shooting from the factory to begin with. Some of my older Remingtons have been my best shooters with that forend pressure. My 240 WBY has a cheap synthetic stock, with the forend pressure and shoots 1/3 MOA as is. You cant even slide a piece of paper between the stock and barrel on it

Cheap scopes with no parallax adjustment are set for 100 yards could be this is contributing to your 200yd accuracy woes.

I had a rem 600 in .243 that would not stabilize anything heavier than 90 gr bullets.
This is why you should shoot at various ranges when evaluating different loads. If you have high deviation in velocities between shots groups will get uglier at longer ranges. At least blur knows he has a 100 yard gun with that load. A lot of people shoot three at 100 and call it good. A chrony will also indicate a crappy load but a group at the 100 and at least 300 will tell you a lot if you don't have a chrony. You should always shoot groups at the ranges you might shoot

My favorite Browning .243. 100 yards, I get a ragged hole. 200 yards, my groups are spread out to 8 inches. Just doesn't group past 100. Maybe it was a little windy, but not 8" worth of wind....

Factory Nosler BT loads.. any hints ?
If you get a ragged hole at 100 yards, I think that it's you...no offense.
You might be psyching yourself out?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.