Nosler, what’s up???

I have been a Nosler reloader for quite a few years but the current situation has put a serious strain on my Nosler relationship. Yes, I get what has been happening through all this mess on component availability with demand far outstripping supply. But in the end, there are some bullets showing up here and there from the traditional bullet makers but try to find a 7mm 160-grain Accubond without resorting to the auction sites. Don't blame Nosler for making hay when the sun shines, but I would like to think hand loaders helped establish the reputation they have enjoyed now for decades. Maybe kicking a few crumbs into the hand load market would help. Maybe they have been overwhelmed with contractual obligations. Maybe it's just my frustration!

Just now starting to try some Hammer Hunters for deer season - hopefully working up a load won't be too difficult and it is sure nice to order and not worry about receiving what you need in a timely manner. Very refreshing in these times!!
I hear you brother, I was the same. Used a lot of Nosler bullets, now can't find them, and when I do, the price almost doubled. I've been trying hammers but they are not cheap at a avg. at a dollar a bullet. But they have bullets. And there prices have been rising???

Well the government these days is not using .30 caliber bullets so much as it did before but there might be some headed for the Russian Front in the form of 7.62 x 30 cartridges. With that said, the .30 caliber is probably one of the most used out on the market. Accubonds not withstanding there are a lot of .30 caliber bullets out there that are just as good if not better. My personal preference is 165 gr Partitions or 168 gr Custom Competition. I mostly use Nosler and Sierra but have tried most of the others over the years and find no improvement over these two. As it has been said many times, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Never heard of the 7.62x30! Who makes that?

Already gone
I have been buying off of Sniper'sHide forum. Couple guys selling some of their stock at decent prices. Different manufacturers & calibers, etc. Even some primers if you're in FL. area. FTF deal for primers.
Qty 1000 -- Federal 215. $125
Qty 1000 -- Federal 100. $70
Qty 1000 -- Federal GM155M $80
Qty 2000 -- CCI BR4 $260
I'm not sure if I can post this here ? I should have asked before posting. Does anyone know if this is allowed ?

Last edited:
I hear you brother, I was the same. Used a lot of Nosler bullets, now can't find them, and when I do, the price almost doubled. I've been trying hammers but they are not cheap at a avg. at a dollar a bullet. But they have bullets. And there prices have been rising???
You may want to try looking at SnipersHide forum. Couple people going through their inventory. I made a purchase from one of them. And completely satisfied. I hope I am allowed to post this on here. I really can't remember all the rules. Just trying to help. lol

You may want to try looking at SnipersHide forum. Couple people going through their inventory. I made a purchase from one of them. And completely satisfied. I hope I am allowed to post this on here. I really can't remember all the rules. Just trying to help. lol
IMO you're fine with that post. I would venture a guess that most of the members here on LRH also look at other forums to find what they need...

IMO you're fine with that post. I would venture a guess that most of the members here on LRH also look at other forums to find what they need...
I was more concerned with copy & pasting the prices, stipulations involving the primers. I was on another forum & you couldn't even mention buying something from someone. lol

I have been buying off of Sniper'sHide forum. Couple guys selling some of their stock at decent prices. Different manufacturers & calibers, etc. Even some primers if you're in FL. area. FTF deal for primers.
Qty 1000 -- Federal 215. $125
Qty 1000 -- Federal 100. $70
Qty 1000 -- Federal GM155M $80
Qty 2000 -- CCI BR4 $260
I'm not sure if I can post this here ? I should have asked before posting. Does anyone know if this is allowed ?
I don't know if it's allowed or not but those are really high prices. 😳

I don't know if it's allowed or not but those are really high prices. 😳
Maybe so but if you don't have any ? I was buying bullets from a different guy. Which sold for lower than purchase price before all this no components took affect.

• Midway 2nds 117 gr Spitzer Boat Tail Qty 300 $30.00 per 100
  • Hornady 117 gr RN Interlock Qty 100 $old
  • Sierra 120gr HPBT Qty 100 $30.00
  • Sierra 90gr BlitzKing Qty 100 $old
  • Sierra 100gr SBT Qty 100 $old
  • Hornady 117gr SST Qty 200 $old
  • Hornady 110gr FTX Qty 100 $old
  • Midway 2nds 120gr Deep Curl Bonded Qty 300 $22.00 per 100 200rnds SPF
  • Speer 100gr BTSP Qty 100 $old
  • Speer 120gr Grand Slam Qty 50 $20.00
  • Midway 2nds 90gr Exp Flat Base Qty 50 $old
  • Sierra 100gr Spitzer Qty 100 $old
  • Hornady 25-06 New Brass 50ct $old

There is that, you don't have any. While I don't shoot exotic and one of a kind rifles I have not had any trouble finding bullets or even power that I normally use at reasonable prices. Primers are also available as long as one does not have it in their minds that only one primer will do. I use magnum primers in everything and have found them more available than many of the others. I have even begun to try some of the new powders, AutoComp, ARcomp, CFE Pistol and CFE223. in both rifles and pistols. ARcomp works well in .223 reloads, accuracy is good and with a little bit of tinkering can be excellent. In my .357 mag loads the CFE Pistol smoked like a black power revolver, well maybe not quite, but very noticeable. Has anyone else experienced this?

There is that, you don't have any. While I don't shoot exotic and one of a kind rifles I have not had any trouble finding bullets or even power that I normally use at reasonable prices. Primers are also available as long as one does not have it in their minds that only one primer will do. I use magnum primers in everything and have found them more available than many of the others. I have even begun to try some of the new powders, AutoComp, ARcomp, CFE Pistol and CFE223. in both rifles and pistols. ARcomp works well in .223 reloads, accuracy is good and with a little bit of tinkering can be excellent. In my .357 mag loads the CFE Pistol smoked like a black power revolver, well maybe not quite, but very noticeable. Has anyone else experienced this?
I was just on Brownells. CCI $164.99 for small bench rest. And small pistol available. Nothing else available. I would like to know where you're getting LRM primers. And how much for a 1,000 ? None of the stores I have visited carry them. They have powder some bullets. But the prices are not that great. If I was in the FL I would be buying the Fed 215 from that guy, unless I could find a better deal. lol

I was just on Brownells. CCI $164.99 for small bench rest. And small pistol available. Nothing else available. I would like to know where you're getting LRM primers. And how much for a 1,000 ? None of the stores I have visited carry them. They have powder some bullets. But the prices are not that great. If I was in the FL I would be buying the Fed 215 from that guy, unless I could find a better deal. lol
Actually I buy most of my reloading supplies at Cabelas. They sell the products as the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, or less. A box of Federal, which seems to be the most prevalent during these hard times runs around $70 give or take a few for 1000 last time I bought them. Magnum rifle and pistol primers show up on a regular basis. In the past few months I have bought IMR4350 and IMR4895 . CFE223, CFE Pistol, and H380 all for around $50 a pound. Look locally. You might be surprised what is on he shelves of your local gun shops. If you buy online plan on getting ripped off. If nothing else you save on shipping.

Actually I buy most of my reloading supplies at Cabelas. They sell the products as the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, or less. A box of Federal, which seems to be the most prevalent during these hard times runs around $70 give or take a few for 1000 last time I bought them. Magnum rifle and pistol primers show up on a regular basis. In the past few months I have bought IMR4350 and IMR4895 . CFE223, CFE Pistol, and H380 all for around $50 a pound. Look locally. You might be surprised what is on he shelves of your local gun shops. If you buy online plan on getting ripped off. If nothing else you save on shipping.

Cabelas is a road trip for me. And worth the drive, if they had LRM primers. But a search online says they don't have any. Maybe they don't keep this info current ? As far as local shops no such luck as of yet. I have better luck at Estate sales when time permits. But then I haven't really stopped at a local shop as of a month. So maybe things have changed ? I just bought powder off of Midsouth the other week. And after shipping prices were still decent, considering you're paying a average 50lb. I paid less than that. Could have been my powder choices also. As of today H380 is $34.62 lb & $246.84 8lb. I really want to try this powder in my 222Rem Mag. IMR 4198 supposed to be a good one also according to Nosler. Good day to ya

I am glad to here that I'm not the only one who cannot find 7mm 140 gr. Accubonds. I have 4 rifles that use that bullet and I am just about to give up.