Labradar- What’s needed?

i have no issue shooting suppressed without a mic...but i think a mic on a rod with the unit back further is also a possibility
If you intend to shoot suppressed, some 22 RF, subsonic or pellet rifles, you'll need the microphone accessory

do a search on "castboolits" there is a guy there that "prints" a scope mount that sits in the sight notch. with a 4x scope align is super easy.
buy a batt pack quit wasting cash on battaries
I have owned a LabRadar for about 2 years now and will share a few tips that I have learned.
First it is a giant leap forward in the Chrono world. I find because of its simplicity I use it almost every time I shoot and the data is very valuable to me. I have learned that with Lithium batteries they last much longer and I no longer have the battery issues I had with Alkaline batteries. They will go several shooting sessions without replacement.
Aiming the unit at the target is crucial and I would recommend one of aftermarket sights. I have thought about how i could mount a cheap scope that we all have lying around to the LabRadar.
How you set it up will determine how well it preforms for you. How long you leave it armed between shots will determine how long the batteries last. As others have suggested I would use a battery pack. If aimed properly it will pick up a .224 at 4000 FPS. Also you have to change settings from pistol to rifle or you will not get a reading. I have found that every time I did not get a reading it was because I had knocked it off target or a setting I had not changed.
A old laptop case works great for carrying and storing the LabRadar, accessories and targets.
the App is also a huge step forward and really brought the LabRadar into its own, it also allows you to have the data to use latter without having to print it from the LabRadar.
I find it to be an invaluable tool for developing loads for LR shooting. The more I chrono loads the more I learn.

I have the labradar sight from Tyler Kemp, works great. Much easier than the straw trick.

I have never had an issue with picking up shots. You may need to adjust the trigger levels depending on what you are shooting, as per the instructions, but mine has never had any issues. From 338 down to 22cal at 4k from a 223wssm, always seems to pick up the bullet. If it is aligned correctly it will track a 22 out to over 80 yards.
Normally I shoot with the labradar setup right beside the barrel, and the barrel about 6" ahead of the unit for rifles with no break, and setup slightly ahead of the brake. Always seems to work for me.

And pickup a usb battery pack from walmart, they have them by the till for about $10. Lasts 3-4 range sessions before needing a charge.

get the labradar unit , the battery pack , some type of base to hold the unit upright . I used a round piece of plywood with a 1/4-20 bolt through a center hole , for my base . shooting from a table , I'd say you would want a camera tripod . I need to work on my blast shield , it's to light . I was using a cinder block between the brake and the labradar , but the blast blows tiny pieces of the block , and it put a mark in my scopes ocular lens .
I hope you mean objective lens, rather than ocular - the ocular is the one closest to your eye - the objective, closest to the muzzle!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.