Labradar- What’s needed?

SealT5

I'm finally going to break down and buy a good chrono. I was never very happy with the magneeto.

Anyways, for those of you that have a Labradar what accessories are "needed"? I see that a new base is recommended. How is the carry case that comes with it?

I will be using this from a bench, prone on concrete, and prone on dirt/grass.

Joe

We made a blast shield from thin steel that we set between the muzzle and the unit. Set it on an angle so that muzzle blast doesn't hit you or the unit. Needed for rifles with brakes.

get the labradar unit , the battery pack , some type of base to hold the unit upright . I used a round piece of plywood with a 1/4-20 bolt through a center hole , for my base . shooting from a table , I'd say you would want a camera tripod . I need to work on my blast shield , it's to light . I was using a cinder block between the brake and the labradar , but the blast blows tiny pieces of the block , and it put a mark in my scopes obj lens .

Attachments

• P8201851.JPG
    P8201851.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 168
  • P8201849.JPG
    P8201849.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
With our steel shield we set it on about a 45* angle so that the blast doesn't come back to the rifle. Hold it down on the bench with a lead shot bag.

I use a zomei lightweight tripod. Lays flat for prone use.

Also a good battery pack is a must. EasyAcc 20000mah lasts numerous range sessions and charges your phone. I use ballistic apps and the Labradar app. Nice to fully charge the phone. The battery pack will last two range sessions per week at about 4 hours per for over a month.

Guys. Lots of great ideas. It's much appreciated. I like the battery back idea

@dok7mm that's the base I've seen on AccurateShooter. I'm highly considering it.

Get the fastest SD card that is compatible with the unit, too. Maximum speed is SDHC. Maximum size is 32 Gb. This is noted in the manual.

What is not noted is that anything faster or larger will lock up the Labradar when turned on. BTDT.

Last edited:
Mine works great and is super easy to use. It is much more reliable than my old Shooting Chrony, which worked well enough back in the day. The Labradar is a major improvement over the old-fashion optical chronographs for many reasons.

Last edited:
A good stand and battery pack like mentioned above will get you going just fine. The phone app is a must so you can arm/disarm without having to get out of shooting position.

I don't use a cell phone , so I've never bothered with that app . I just have the timeout settings maxed out so I don't have to hurry . this works well for me since I have the battery pack . from what I've read , if running on regular batteries I don't think this would work to long before the batteries would be dead .

it's like anything else , there are a few things you have to do for it to properly work . turn it on , arm it , and aim it at the target . if I miss a shot it's usually one of these three .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.