Nosler LR Accubonds: BC testing results

MMERSS came up with a G7 BC of .318 out of his 308 win
Riley
Running my BC calculator on the 308 data I listed above I came up with a G1 BC of .634. The BC should be higher if not running them down to 1400 ft/s. This would place them right in line with the 208 A-max.

Riley,

The 308 I ran tests with has a 1:11 with an estimated .634 G1 BC for the 210 ABLR. This seems to fall in line with Bryan's tests.

Any one know where I can get a box of the 6.5 129 ABLR. I have a post on here
but no one has any to sale.

:) I have two .284 rifles, one has a I/8" and the other has a I/9' twist. I have tried the new Nosler LRAB,s in 168 and 175 gr. I can not find an accurate load for those bullets. I have tried different seating depths but no luck. Bryan Has shot them in his 284 win. I wonder how well they grouped in his rifle. Both of my .284s shoot the Berger VLDs great with a 3.120 " OAL.gun)

Thanks a lot for sharing the information Bryan! I have to say I am a bit surprised by the final results, much better than anticipated. Now we just have to convince them to offer some heavier options!

The G7 values for the 210 is better than the .328 I had been seeing in other posts. Still trying to locate some . Nosler said they were going to start shipping in June. Haven't seen any yet. I need to locate about 50 of them before season.

Bryan,

FWIW, here are the ABLR twist recommendations from Nosler.
ABLR-OAL-and-Twist.jpg

JD338

Interesting, the recommended twist rates seem a little low by stability standard.

Great thread! Put my ABLR load development on the shelf to work on getting ready for my first PRS match next month. Looks like I need to get back to it.

The lrab in 190gr 30 cal just smoked an amazing 380 class wyoming bull on the opener!

If i could post the pics i would, but the iphone is acting up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 145
I'm replacing the barrel in my 270 Weatheby, I want to shoot the LR accubond, 150 gr. I have the option of a 1:10 or a 1: 8 twist rate. Nosler says that the 10 rate is minimum and 9 is preferred. I can only choose 10 or 8. So, the 1:8 seems the logical decision,, but my question is ,,, Is the 1:8 toooooo fast of twist for that bullet ?? I hunt out west is windy conditions with lots of wind drift, so any ability to keep the BC as high a possible would be a good thing. Any advice will be appreciated.
thanks

I'm replacing the barrel in my 270 Weatheby, I want to shoot the LR accubond, 150 gr. I have the option of a 1:10 or a 1: 8 twist rate. Nosler says that the 10 rate is minimum and 9 is preferred. I can only choose 10 or 8. So, the 1:8 seems the logical decision,, but my question is ,,, Is the 1:8 toooooo fast of twist for that bullet ?? I hunt out west is windy conditions with lots of wind drift, so any ability to keep the BC as high a possible would be a good thing. Any advice will be appreciated.
thanks

What elevation will you be hunting?

Elevation,,,,, sometimes at sea level and sometimes at 6000 ft. Just demands on where I go.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.