Accubond LR Test Results

Engineering101

Ok. What gives? I've searched and all I get on the subject is "I'm sure going to test the Accubond LRs when I get mine."

I've been reading this for 6 months. So where are the results? Has no one tested these yet? I'm most interested in the terminal performance (expansion and weight retention) at 1,300 and 3,200 fps. Don't care so much about the BCs as you can tell by looking that they will be good enough.

MMERSS,

Thanks for pointing me to your post and thanks for some very encouraging test results. It was about what I expected on BCs. You make a good point on the expansion of the 210 gr AB Long Range in the 300 RUM. I don't need 1,500 yards either but I might need 900. I also don't like to blow the crap out of something up close thus my interest in the AB LR terminal performance. I have some .277 cal 150 grain AB LRs showing up in a few days. The 6.5mm, 7mm, and 30 cals are on back order but I expect to have them also before long. I plan to test expansion at the advertised velocity extremes of 1,300 and 3,200 fps and will post results. I'm leaving town for a while but should be able to get testing done before August rolls around. Based on what you did, I expect good results.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.