Nosler AccuBond Long Range 210gn

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by taltom, Oct 31, 2017.

1. taltom

taltom Active Member

Has anyone performed any testing with the Nosler AccuBond Long Range 210 gn 30 caliber bullet? The advertised BC of .730 sounds exciting.

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Inflated BC's on the LRAB's. If you want proven high BC's, give the Berger 215 Hybrid a try.

3. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

The 210 is closer to .65 G1

4. taltom

taltom Active Member

Then I think I'll stick with the Berger 200 Hybrid to break in the gun and get used to it.

Thanks all!

5. Methow Packer

Methow Packer Well-Known Member

How do you prove a bullets BC. Is it by actual bullet drop and MOA correction and calculation?
    How's it done?

6. odoylerules

odoylerules Well-Known Member

For years companies have used computer modeling. Back around 2009 Berger started actually test firing all their bullets and computing ACTUAL BC’s. They actually do it for many many other bullets too in order to get the most accurate info for the applied ballistics program. In the process they even had to lower the printed BC’s on some of their own Bullets. Thats why when using the AB solver you should always pick the custom drag curve option for whatever bullet you’re using. They even test them beyond the trans-sonic zone and factor that into your final solution. That’s an honest company looking to get the most accurate real world info if you ask me.

MudRunner2005 likes this.
  7. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Like was stated by odoylerules, yes, they test actual drops.

8. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

Drop tests are effective to test BCs if done properly. It’s easy to screw up. Also, comparing near and far velocities is also effective if done properly. It’s best to use both methods multiple times to really get an accurate picture.

Bryan Litz has done a pretty fair job of testing a variety of other manufacturers bullets and I have found he’s been pretty spot on most of the time. When he hasn’t been, he eventually recognizes it and revises his numbers.

Hornady uses Doppler radar to prove BCs. As far as I know, this is by far the most accurate method and their numbers seem spot on. I believe Litz has also used Doppler to a degree.

9. dkhnt

dkhnt Well-Known Member

Get the books written by Brian Litz. He is an unbiased ballistics engineer and lists the REAL B.C. on all these bullets. He’s THE AUTHORITY on ballistics.

10. Ingwe

Ingwe Well-Known Member

Isn't he affiliated with Berger Bullets?

11. Joefrazell

Joefrazell Well-Known Member

Go to noslers website. They actually revised there bc's in the lrab bullets lol. The new numbers are much easier to believe.

12. Joefrazell

Joefrazell Well-Known Member

They have it listed as .661 for there 210 gr. I'll stick with bergers 215

13. Canhunter35

Canhunter35 Well-Known Member

Nosler recently used Doppler radar and adjusted the bc on their lraccubonds
    So far hornady eld bc have been working for me