7MM Accubond Long Range Bullets

mike hall

I have been shooting a 7MM LRM for a few months now and love it. I am getting great accuracy with the Berger 180 Grain Hybrids, 1/2 in MOA all day long at distances out to 300 yards. Unfortunately that is as far as my local range has targets and with the amount of snow fall we have had this year getting into the mountains to get a little more distance is not feasible, yet. Since the 7MM Accubond bullets appear to be almost impossible to get, at least in Montana, I have not had the opportunity to try any in my new rifle. I am curious if any of you have had the opportunity to try these bullets out and what you think of there performance both in accuracy and down range performance on game animals.

I have tried the 150 grain Nolser LR Accubonds in my 280 Rem.. They shot great at 100 Yards, but I have not had time to either shoot game with them or shoot them at long range.

If you're shooting Bergers and having no issues with them, I see no need in swapping over to the ABLR's.

Plus, there was a test done on here that proved the ABLR to have an slightly inflated BC, that was not quite up to par with the Bergers.

I have not tried the ABLR's, but the regular Nosler Accubonds have worked great for me over the years for close-to-mid range shooting. Never tried any LR hunting on game with them.

Now I'm pretty much only shooting Bergers, and still have quite a stash of Accubonds. But I'm having such good success with the Bergers, that it's gonna take some serious performance to make me choose something else.

Wow, I am shocked at the article by Huntfarther. I am very thankful that you turned me on to your story. Like i said I have not shot anything with the Berger's yet so I have no carnage or lack thereof to report. Hopefully a large black bear that I saw last fall will be in the same area in April and i can get some of my own results. I will keep eveyone posted on my findings. Keep the info coming, I really appreciate it!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.