Nightforce NX8

I think the best feature of the 2.5-20 is the 42' FOV at the low end while being able to go up to 20x. Really makes it versatile for most any hunting situation near or far.

I was going to jump on one but came across a deal on an AMG for similar pricing that i couldn't turn away. I think they will be good but not without their limitations. 8x erector with high mag in an ultra short design, there are bound to be limitations. I still want a 2.5-20 for my SPR though.

I went with the 4-32X50, I love more magnification and at 28oz, perfect. If its cloudy like today 32x, if sunny, just dial down till mirage is tolerable.

I had an NXS 8-32 on my 7mmWSM and loved it !!!!!

Like you said, 32x does sound nice as long as conditions allow for it. Only thing that is concerning is the eye box in such a short scope with so much magnification. If it turns out that these scopes aren't too tough to get behind then NF should sell lots of them.

Like you said, 32x does sound nice as long as conditions allow for it. Only thing that is concerning is the eye box in such a short scope with so much magnification. If it turns out that these scopes aren't too tough to get behind then NF should sell lots of them.

I've heard some retailers say they think they'll be a game changer. So maybe they've gotten that part figured out but then those that messed with them at the NRA convention even inside said you could tell it wasn't ATACR quality glass. Which is interesting to me i was expecting it to be pretty close honestly. I mean most of the optics nearing the $2000 range are close to glass LOW is putting out. XRS II, Cronus, Delta Stryker, Gen II Razor, and ATACR are all very comparable. For the price i got the AMG at which was comparable to the 2.5-20 it was a no brainer for me, known commodity that meets the weight profile with locking turrets, locking diopter, similar reticle to the SKMR3, and higher magnification range without the short comings of an ultra-short design.

Having said that i'm eager to see what guys think about these. I've was never really overly impressed with the NXS and like ATACRs a lot but still have a hard time dropping 3K on them considering the options in that price range, though the Mil-XT makes it much more compelling now.

Vortex Razor HD AMG F1 6-24x50 with tree type reticle in either MIL or MOA variants. Weighs about 28 oz and has lighted reticle feature. Street price around $2100 but might get deals from time to time.

Kinda wondering myself with 8x erector and short design where/how things are gonna line up.

Myself, glass aside, find the NXS pretty forgiving to get behind.

The extra power range is nice but conditions gotta be perfect to make use of it.

Now if the NXS got ED glass and or better coatings, but still stay in the same price range, watch out!

Guess I'll be the guinea pig. I own, Meopta 6.5-18X40, Leupold 4.5-14X40 LE, Swraovski Z6 5-25, I' have owned NSX 8-32, 5-22, 2-10, NF SHV 5-20, Swaro Z5, All great enough for me and my eyes are 67 years old now, so my review might not be spot on. I cant see NF letting anything go to market not fantastic, but we shall see.
Again, showing my age, I got MOA turrets. it does have FFP which will be my first.:cool:

Guess I'll be the guinea pig. I own, Meopta 6.5-18X40, Leupold 4.5-14X40 LE, Swraovski Z6 5-25, I' have owned NSX 8-32, 5-22, 2-10, NF SHV 5-20, Swaro Z5, All great enough for me and my eyes are 67 years old now, so my review might not be spot on. I cant see NF letting anything go to market not fantastic, but we shall see.
Again, showing my age, I got MOA turrets. it does have FFP which will be my first.:cool:
I don't think it's going to be a bad optic by any means. Just saying it's not going to replace any of the ATACRs. If you look at ultra-shorts by design they will have compromises their full size counterparts with the same will not. Most notably reduced FOV and DOF, along with a more difficult time controlling CA. A prime example is the new Kahles lineup. The k525i while correcting some major issues (IMO) with the k624i took a step backwards in some of the features that made the k624i so compelling. Mainly FOV and retaining resolution at max magnification. Though as ILya noted in his k318i review Kahles put a field stop in them to reduce CA and that's likely the main cause of the reduced FOV but the shorter design is also to blame as well. Another example is the March 3-24x42 and 3-24x52 both 8x erector designs in a relatively short and light package, have their fair share of drawbacks.

I think they're going to sell well, especially for the gas guns. I just wouldn't expect it to be a suitable replacement for the 5-25 or 7-35 ATACR in most situations where weight is not a concern.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.