Nightforce NX8 announcement

Im gonna have quite a few shipping out to me next week. Im bedding them into rings and leveling them for free. I have the 4-32 and 2.5-20 coming. Bedding is the only way to ensure the scope doesn't slip due to recoil. Lapping doesn't work right since the lapping bar isn't the same size as your scope. And it makes the rings have a slippery finish. Ive taken the same model of scope as a set of rings were bedded for and the fit wasn't the same as the scope it was bedded for.
Near rings and bases are the best I've found and will not slip. Double ringed and line bored. Give 'em a look.

Near rings and bases are the best I've found and will not slip. Double ringed and line bored. Give 'em a look.
They are definitely top of the line rings. However The problem is the scope rings arent the same exact size as the scope. Since scopes of even the same model will vary. Theres a noticeable difference in fit between a set of bedded rings with the scope it was bedded for and another scope thats the same model. The bedding also takes on the surface finish of the scope. Imagine sand paper on sand paper. It won't slip. Ive posted videos of the difference in fit between unbedded spuhr, nightforce etc and the fit after its bedded. Night and day considering i can pick a rifle up by the scope with the top caps off the rings.

They are definitely top of the line rings. However The problem is the scope rings arent the same exact size as the scope. Since scopes of even the same model will vary. Theres a noticeable difference in fit between a set of bedded rings with the scope it was bedded for and another scope thats the same model. The bedding also takes on the surface finish of the scope. Imagine sand paper on sand paper. It won't slip. Ive posted videos of the difference in fit between unbedded spuhr, nightforce etc and the fit after its bedded. Night and day considering i can pick a rifle up by the scope with the top caps off the rings.

Do you bed the ARC M10 rings as well?

Do you bed the ARC M10 rings as well?
Ive had a couple issues with them so I haven't used many lately. The Nightforce Ultra light 6 screw rings are by far the most popular ones I use. Lightweight and have a bunch of surface area contacting the rail and scope. Most of my personal rifles have the optics bedded into spuhr mounts. Even more surface area clamped to the rail than others and has a bunch of surface area holding the scope. Theyre a pain to bed though since there isn't much room to clean up the bedding between the housing and the rings.

Yes. Theyre available in Second Focal Plane. Nightforce just released em this week and is shipping my order out next week.

As far as eye relief etc. I think Ive only had one customer say it wasn't correct eye relief in over 500 scopes mounted. Odds are itll be right. You could always move the scope forward or back one slot on your scope base. If theres not enough room on the rail to move forward or back then put a level on the turret and measure it in relation to a level on your action or brake if its slabbed. Then slide the scope forward or back in the rings accordingly and youll be able to keep it perfectly level still. Torque top cap rings back down and your done. Not a big deal. Especially since like I mentioned. Only one guy out of all the ones Ive done said it wasn't right for him.

Has anyone looked through there NX8 2nd focal plane and how much easier are the cross hares to see than a 1st focal on low power?

Also, why do so many people like a 1st focal over a second even on an all around hunting gun not just longer range when the cross hares are so hard to see on low power?
Thanks for any feedback.

I've often asked myself the same question and I think it boils down to the fact that they like to use the reticle for ranging but hunters need a more precise measurement of range so we tend to use laser rangefinders.

Personally as a hunter I have absolutely NO use at all for First Focal Plane.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.