NX8 Nightforce reviews??

I have 2 one on a 28 nosler and another on a 300prc I like them a lot there no zco but a true to trackin and solid step up from a vx6hd In my opinion

I have one in F1 with the MOAR reticle. Solid scope, good glass, repeatable dialing. My only gripe is with the reticle, I prefer a floating dot like, but not a big deal. I have dialed out to 1,000 yards and in between, no issues at all.

I know. I have one. I love it. Was just kinda debating something smaller for my lighter 28 nos. But scared i will be let down. Idk what to do.
It's kind of actually a down grade, but the NXS is smaller and lighter. I have one of those as well.

How is the reticle for precise shooting in the 600-1000 yard distances on the ffp version of the 4-32? Does the reticle get to big and cover up to much….say a 2-3" dot at 800?

I've been pounding the table that Mark 5HDs are the ticket last few years. I have an NX8 as well. Good scope, eye relief complaints I feel are exaggerated but they exist. Only complaint.

I've been pounding the table that Mark 5HDs are the ticket last few years. I have an NX8 as well. Good scope, eye relief complaints I feel are exaggerated but they exist. Only complaint.
The 35 MM tube is a huge advantage. They are light, super optics, huge eye box, useful power range (but not too much, anything over a 6x make the parallel a PIA on a hunting rifle). I also really like the floating dot.

How is the reticle for precise shooting in the 600-1000 yard distances on the ffp version of the 4-32? Does the reticle get to big and cover up to much….say a 2-3" dot at 800?
Nope. The only gripe I have with the 4-32 is when your at the higher ranges it is very difficult to use unless your head/eye is in the perfect position. Not much of a problem when on a bench, but difficult in a hunting situation. Just my opinion.

I had a 4-32 f1 NX8 & just didn't care for an f1 scope on the higher or lower setting.
Couldn't make it work for me.
Picked up the 2.5-20 SFP & really like the scope. No issues with eye relief or parallax for me. Usable through out the power range. Good glass, good turrets, nice size & weight, precise tracking. Rugged, Reliable, optic.

Same experience, I didn't like it in FFP, but do in SFP.

Same experience, I didn't like it in FFP, but do in SFP.
That's really cool to hear from you guys, I wonder why the sfp model is working better?
The NX8 is an interesting scope cuz people are all over the map with their opinions of it.

I owned a 4-32 FFP and just could not force myself to like it, I truly feel it had about the worst eye box and finicky parallax of anything I've used.
Lower power, like 15x and below was definitely better but not great, and I didn't like having a tiny reticle at lower mag for long range shooting.
And the overall image quality was super underwhelming, it sucked in lower light and appeared much darker than the other optics I compared it to in the same price range.

I really wish NF would try again with a 26-29 oz 34mm 5-20 optic utilizing a slightly longer tube.