Nightforce NX8

With ultra short design and 8x erector, I'm sure there is a lot of glass work inside, with that short a body, the lenses have to be in exact position to get a good image, think the March 3-24 models. I'm sure the parallax will be sensitive as it is on most short length high mag range optics. I pre-ordered the 4-32x50 hoping it performs great in the 4-26x range as I will imagine the upper 20% of mag will be darked and impractical for most shooting situations, another negative with short high mag range ffp optics. My fingers are crossed that all my fears aren't there in these scopes, however I have already come to terms and accept the possible short comings of the design and will make it work as a long range hunting optic.

I just got word from Doug @cameraland that I was lucky enough to get in the preorder list, I'll be receiving one of his first models. Half dozen will arrive to him and one will be sent out for me to play with. My 257 saum isn't done yet, but I'll play with it on another platform. I'll let you know how the scope performs!

I have 1 on my 3gun rifle. All around it's an amazing scope. Not as forgiving as the vortex 1-6 razor. But I decided to sell the vortex. I kinda wish it had capped elevation turrents but I set the zero stop and just look at it periodically. I love the 1st focal reticle. On low it's as good as a true red dot, and on 8 gives me good magnification for shooting long range. Plus it's super light weight!

I have had mine to the range once. Changed it onto my 308 Gap-10. It tracks well and seems to be forgiving enough in the eye box that I have not noticed any difference from my AMGs, Beast or ATACR. My initial reaction was that clarity may not be quite at the same level as those other scopes but my eyes aren't that great and I didn't have any complaints about clarity either. Mounting it on an AR platform wasn't quite as straightforward as I had expected. The oversize scope cap tabs on the Tenebraex lens caps would require something like 1.5" high rings to clear completely. I mounted mine with 1.375" NF uni-mount and shaved one corner of the cap tab so it would open with a horizontal swing.
I'm not sorry I picked up the 2.5-20 and think is a great match to the AR10 platform. I like the lighter weight and lower price compared to a lot of other competitive scopes. All the same, I think my next scope will be the NX8 4x32 for a custom long range bolt gun because I miss the top end magnification for my older eyes.

Iv had my two 4-32's for a while now and I'm very happy with them.

The glass is not ATACR level nor was it meant to be. It's between the Nxs and and the atacrs.

TBH it feels like a 8-32 NXS with FFP, wider spread of magnification and in a lot smaller package. Has the same dials and overall feel. For lightweight long range hunting rifles they are perfect.

He was most impressed with the little optic. I'm planning on one in the future, can't right now but definitely has a spot on my SPR.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts