Nightforce NX8 glass

Casscade

For the guys that have user experience with these scopes So I've been looking at the nx8's, just started actually, and it seems the general consensus is the glass is lacking compared to even other NF scopes. I'm looking at the 4x32 sure to the size and range, the other scope is the Zeiss v6 5x30 I get the ffp and ill Ret isn't in the Zeiss and I'm fine with that.

I'm also assuming the nx8 should be as reliable as the Zeiss in tracking, what really gets me is I'm concerned about the glass fall that many seem to post about compared to others, again even the ncs and shv.

I like the size and idea but if the glass isn't on par or even up to a v4 Zeiss, vx5/6, or even less expensive NF's I can't see buying it. So my question is,… is the nx8 a big step down from the Zeiss v6, Leupold vx5/6 HD's or even the nxs glass. Thanks for any help,

I would not say the glass itself is bad. It's plenty good. It's just a little more difficult to get an unaltered, full image because it requires very consistent head placement. I would say the glass is on par with the V4. I would pick the NX8 over the other options simply because of the durability. I've used quite a few scopes, and if I had to put NX8's on all my rifles for eternity, I wouldn't be disappointed.

That said, I've sold mine to test out more scopes lol.

I have a v6 3-18,V4 6-24 and NX8 4-32. They're all pretty close. I prefer the nx8 above all of them though for reasons outside glass. When all at 18 power it's a toss up for nx8 or V6.
Can't beat that for a first hand comparison!

Oh, the NX8 does lose optical quality at around that 24+ magnification mark. But that's also more magnification than the others offer anyways. I shot a 6" group at 1120 yards with my NX8 on 32 power. So it's not that **** bad.

For the guys that have user experience with these scopes So I've been looking at the nx8's, just started actually, and it seems the general consensus is the glass is lacking compared to even other NF scopes. I'm looking at the 4x32 sure to the size and range, the other scope is the Zeiss v6 5x30 I get the ffp and ill Ret isn't in the Zeiss and I'm fine with that.

I'm also assuming the nx8 should be as reliable as the Zeiss in tracking, what really gets me is I'm concerned about the glass fall that many seem to post about compared to others, again even the ncs and shv.

I like the size and idea but if the glass isn't on par or even up to a v4 Zeiss, vx5/6, or even less expensive NF's I can't see buying it. So my question is,… is the nx8 a big step down from the Zeiss v6, Leupold vx5/6 HD's or even the nxs glass. Thanks for any help,
I've owned every scope you mentioned except the vx6.
Honestly out of all of them the NX8 4-32 disappointed me the most, it has the tightest eye box, pickiest parallax, and worst glass (except for the V4).
For $2000 I'd never own one again, honestly for $1000 I still wouldn't chose an Nx8 over an LRHS2

Zeiss glasses amazing. I have a few I also have close to a dozen NX8 4-32. Superb tracking without a question. great glass as well. You could see well out to 4000 yards with this scope.

I have owned several vx-6 series leupolds, and currently own 4 nx8's in the 4-32 moar reticle. I like to mate up the nx8 on my carbon barrel rifles to help keep the overall weight down. On my heavy fixed position guns I tend to use atacr's or Leupold Mark 5's, something with a 34mm-35mm tube since weight isn't so much of an issue on them. However the nx8's seem to fit todays lighter weight long range carbon barrel rifles much better and I agree that toughness of a scope and turret repeatability trump glass quality on a long range rifle always. But the nx8 glass quality really is still fairly good quality for a 30mm tube in my opinion. Just my opinions.

I have had several zeiss v4 & v6 and Leupold vx5hd & vx6hd, March d25v52th and nx8 4x32 f1 on all my hunting rifles. All of them are very good but when it comes to hardcore durability, NX8 and March are the best in that weight class, I have had to many return to zero problems and hard bump loss of zero problems with the others. I currently have 8 of the nx8 scopes and put the others on the kids rifles. I do most of my long range 500-1800 yard shooting on 12-16 power zoom setting on the nx8 and spot all the impacts. The nx8 has the best field of view above all.
Just my experience.

Having owned the NX8, V4, VX5, in my experience they were comparable in glass quality.
The Durability, & Repeatability performance goes
To the NF, hands down. I Had no issue in that
regard with the NX8's. I did have performance issues with the others.

In regards to glass quality within the NF offerings
The NX8 to me had better glass quality than the NXS & SHV.

The ATACR is a step above the NX8 for sure.

YMMV.

I have an NXS, ATACR, Beast, a high end March, and 3 of the NX8. The only time I can tell any difference is after shooting hours when it's quite late and dark. For hunting the NX8 is my favorite, for bench rest shooting I like the March a touch more.

I have a VX6 HD 3-18X44 on my hunting/silhouette match rifle and a NX8 4-32X50 on my NRL22/22 bench rest match rifle.The Leupy is plenty of power and nice and light for a hunting rifle. The NX8 is just plain enjoyable to shoot. My 66 year old eyes are not finicky about "glass quality" they both look good to me. I really like myNX8, if you have reservations see if you can demo one and make up your own mind.

Nx8 4-32 all day long over zeiss v6. I had a v6 that the parallax mechanism broke on rendering the scope unusable on a 6.5cm. Treat the nx8 4-32 like a 4-20x and all of the eyebox issues are nonexistent.