Any NightForce NX8 reviews ???

Are you referring to the tenebraex flip up scope caps that are included? I personally like them a lot. NF and Kahles use them as oem covers. I think they're pretty good. Have em on several optics.
That's the ones. I hate them with a passion that I can't describe in words. I can't believe a company that rises itself at above-average standards will use such low-quality products. Butler makes better products imho

That's the ones. I hate them with a passion that I can't describe in words. I can't believe a company that rises itself at above-average standards will use such low-quality products. Butler makes better products imho
First time out with mine while elk hunting and the rear one fell apart. Not really a fan... of the caps. I really like the scope and will be picking up another. 4x32 MOAR

I have the NX8 in 4-32 FFP. Great scope for the money. Only complaint I have is the illumination is still too bright on the lowest setting when in dark conditions, and occasionally it auto illuminates when rifle is fired.

I can't believe a company that rises itself at above-average standards will use such low-quality products. Butler makes better products imho
I've owned alot of Butlers over the years and there not even on the same planet as the tenebrex I have. You don't like them somethings up its not the norm

I've owned alot of Butlers over the years and there not even on the same planet as the tenebrex I have. You don't like them somethings up its not the norm
I don't care for them either. I'd rather have the stretchy NF one that they used to come with.

I don't have a lot of experience with "high end" glass and have Leupold on most of rifles. Is the NX8 better or worse? Most of my scopes are sub $1000 range (I don't know the models) and was looking at this scope for a new (my dream) build.

I don't have a lot of experience with "high end" glass and have Leupold on most of rifles. Is the NX8 better or worse? Most of my scopes are sub $1000 range (I don't know the models) and was looking at this scope for a new (my dream) build.
I will look away. Don't get me wrong NF makes good scopes but they really screw it up with NX8 F2. I would look at Zeiss or high-end Leupold.

Open to suggestions for a sub 2 pound scope with +/- 20 power rating. Always wanted a NF sitting on top but for $2000 I don't want something I will regret
Mk5hd 5-25x56 is 30oz, just as good as the nx8, it's a fair bit larger scope, but is only 2oz heavier. Same price ballpark.

I really wanted to fall in love with that scope and I looked through a couple of them side by side against my March. While I liked it ok, I didn't end up buying one. It didn't impress but it didn't disappoint either. If it were lighter weight maybe I'd give it more consideration.

I really wanted to fall in love with that scope and I looked through a couple of them side by side against my March. While I liked it ok, I didn't end up buying one. It didn't impress but it didn't disappoint either. If it were lighter weight maybe I'd give it more consideration.
The nx8 is like a heavier March with more zoom, and a better reticle. March has better edge to edge clarity, and slightly better low light performance. The nx8 is much more affordable. My last one was 1750$ brand new. My March is jacked up right now, won't focus. It tipped over while one the gun onto a concrete floor but I think it was having issues before that. Getting sent to JP next week for repairs.

The NX8 4-32 F2 is possibly my favorite sub 30oz LR hunting scope, and I've owned most the good ones. I ran it out past 1k busting rocks the other day next to my March 2.5-25x42, NXS's, V4's and LHT's. The NX8 is super easy to get behind and it's parallax is a touch less finicky then the March. The reticle (moa on mine) is perfect for LR yet being sfp is great at low mag in the timber. This thing on my 28N makes most sub 1k shots stupid easy.

Great info in this thread. I was considering the NX8 and had been reading a lot about it. In the end, I ended up going with an ATACR

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.