Next build : tikka vs savage storm

The other action options intrigue me but for me I find it beneficial to have the same tools/stocks/parts for one action type.

Zermatt Origin uses Savage barrel threads. If you have an action wrench that fits a Savage front ring, it works with M700 and its clones as well. No extra tools needed but a Savage barrel nut wrench and action wrench or barrel vise.

I didn't even know that zermatt action existed. That's a nice platform for a guy that owns savage threaded barrels. I'm assuming it fits a rem 700 stock ? I think that's what I'm reading .

I didn't even know that zermatt action existed. That's a nice platform for a guy that owns savage threaded barrels. I'm assuming it fits a rem 700 stock ? I think that's what I'm reading .

yes it is. It's the old bighorn receivers. I owned one until it was stolen. It's a very, very nice action. It's a rem 700 foot print.

This thread has blossomed into something much more broad 😆. I will chime in on the Mac Bros action since I just received one two weeks ago. They are very impressive actions and I've owned a lot of different custom actions. I think it is the smoothest bolt I've ever run in an action.

This thread has blossomed into something much more broad 😆. I will chime in on the Mac Bros action since I just received one two weeks ago. They are very impressive actions and I've owned a lot of different custom actions. I think it is the smoothest bolt I've ever run in an action.
You have the titanium one evidently since the stainless ones are out of stock

You think the titanium is worth400 bucks more for 8 ounces
No I don't, think it is worth $700 more dollars. From what I remember the stainless is only $575 and the titanium is $1275. my neighbor down the street works for Mac Bros and has one of their titanium actions. He built it into a prs gun and said that the titanium is not near as slick as the stainless. The bolt acts sticky when run fast. It Would be good for a mountain hunting rifle but not for fast bolt flinging, the stainless is much more smooth.

No I don't, think it is worth $700 more dollars. From what I remember the stainless is only $575 and the titanium is $1275. my neighbor down the street works for Mac Bros and has one of their titanium actions. He built it into a prs gun and said that the titanium is not near as slick as the stainless. The bolt acts sticky when run fast. It Would be good for a mountain hunting rifle but not for fast bolt flinging, the stainless is much more smooth.
I'm an FFL and can get the ti for 975