New to Reloading - Equipment Questions

BOBinWA

So I posted an intro over on the Basics thread, but basically I'm a long time shooter and hunter, and have relaoded with friends before, but am considering (well I've decided too!) getting into handloading myself.

Question is it better to start out buying a kit such as RCBS Rock Chucker kit or buy everything separately? I've heard a lot of the stuff in the kits are not the best and many folks end up upgrading soon anyway.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the input.

I started with ...

1.jpg

... and the only thing I didn't use out of the kit is the universal priming arm (used RCBS hand primer instead).

I have a few upgrades since then though.

Good luck!

I started reloading 25 years ago and bought all the reloading components separately. If I had it to do all over again, I would do the same thing.
I would buy everything separately, doing research along the way to make sure I got exactly what I want instead of what the manufacturers decide to put in a kit.
Buy all quality the first time so you are not buying a second time.

I bought the RCBS Rockchucker kit. For the most part, I've only added to my reloading gear. Not really replaced anything. The only thing I've considered replacing was the scale, but I'm still happily using the one in the kit.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.