Reloading equipment question

Teri Anne

don't tell people that RC'ers are that much, you'll steer them away ! 😜 I listed one from amazon brand new for 175

I've have Lee, RCBS, Redding and Forester presses. I have settled on the Rock Chucker and Forester Coax presses. I mainly shoot rifle and handgun at low volumes so this works well for me. If I want a range day with my Glock then I buy loaded Ammo.
I prefer Redding, Forester and Wilson dies but I've probably used them all over the years.

If you're just getting started get you a lee challenger. You can always go up from there and trust me if you get into reloading you are going to have more than one press and even if you don't use it for all your reloading you can keep it and use it for single operations like bullet sizing, swaging depriming etc... The press is just one of many things you will end up buying so start with a basic set up and go up once you experiment for a while. Ultimate Reloader on youtube goes through a lot of different presses to get you going in the right direction.

Attachments

• IMG-1163.jpg
    IMG-1163.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
If you're just getting started get you a lee challenger. You can always go up from there and trust me if you get into reloading you are going to have more than one press and even if you don't use it for all your reloading you can keep it and use it for single operations like bullet sizing, swaging depriming etc... The press is just one of many things you will end up buying so start with a basic set up and go up once you experiment for a while. Ultimate Reloader on youtube goes through a lot of different presses to get you going in the right direction.
I like Titan Reloading for buying stuff and they show a lot of different kits and how to videos.

Not trying to hijack the thread and honestly, I haven't read every post....what about the Frankford Arsenal M Press? Seems similar to the Forster Co-ax...BUT IT'S AVAILABLE!
Read reviews and didn't like what was being said about FA, found Forster CoAxe at local range couple months later. Not disappointed.

Read reviews and didn't like what was being said about FA, found Forster CoAx at local range couple months later. Not disappointed.
I had to do a few things to my FA coax
#1 blue lock tite shell holder cover screws.. one hole wasn't threaded to well, but the other three were.
#2 Make longer shell holder expander with a 8mm bolt
#3 The knob splines on the shell holders stripped a bit, using a wrench to change the sizes. I used red locktite on the studs,probably did need to do it if I didn't use a wrench, and will not use a wrench to turn them again. Gavin from you tube gave bad advice about the wrench, but never tell people what would happen and I'm sure it happened to him, unless he only used the press for that video ! 😜
#4 Last but not least used lead to secure the steel set screws on the die blocks

After all that, which really isn't that bad...is a great press.

Last edited:
There's a lot of used press's out there and that of good quality! I would stay away from any made of aluminum, that's just me. Make some calls to gun shops in your area, see if the have……… the trick is make shore they are complete and functional! Know the cost, And what you are paying for! Good luck and enjoy your trip down the reloading hole🤪

Was going through my dad's gun room today found a bonanza priming tool. I have to get a new primer tube for it. Also scored some redding and rcbs competition dies. 6.5 x284, 7mm STW, 223, and 22-250. May have to drag those guns out of safe abd shoot them again when i get this all going.

I have been piecing my reloading supplies and equipment together for a while now. Read so much information that my brain can't make heads or tails of some of it. I am by no means a competitive shooter, but i have nice rifles and i want them to shoot better than my ability. What single stage press and dies should i look at purchasing. This be my last purchase to get me going. Any advice?
There will be many recommendations here. Here is my take on things based on some 52 years reloading anything and everything from 223 up to 300 Win Mag as well as most pistol calibers. It is my opinion that you can't go wrong with RCBS products They are well made, reliable and priced reasonably. Yes you can get some less expensive product, but keep in mind you get what you pay for. All RCBS products regardless of what it is are built to the highest standards and will last a lifetime and are worth the few extra bucks if that is the case it will be money well spent.