New LR Shooter Help

Boom

First posting here, hope to get this correct! I am a long time hunter and shooter but new to long range shooting--to me 300+ yards. Never had any real training, mostly just trial and error. I have learned to be a decent shot but really want to take things to the next level. Looking for suggestions on introductory books, videos, instructors, whatever you more experienced folks might recommend to help me become more familiar with terminolgy, technical aspects, rifle maintenance etc. Thanks in advance for any help!

I would contact Defensive Edge (site sponsor) and order his dvds. he has a "how to" video, that eplains equipment used, how to use it, minute of angle instruction etc.

he also offers a longrange class that i have heard is outstanding. i will be taking it in late june.

I have watched his dvd's (probably 20 times each) and think they are worth the money for sure.

www.defensiveedge.net

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Grew up and still live in South Carolina. Spend a fair amount if time in Western N.C. as well. Thanks for the welcomes, this site is unbelievable as far as info and peoples willingness to share. Lamiglas, I will check out the site you mentioned and see about the CD's.

I was wondering if you are still interested in using an instructor to improve your shooting skills. I am located in Bozeman, MT and am looking to become a personal shooting coach. If you have any interest please feel free to contact me either through the forum, or at the info listed below. Thanks, and good luck!

Travis Kamps
(406) 580-9700
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.