New guy to the block

I am the new (old rookie) LOOP12. I have spent hours loading shot gun loads. I loved the control and quality of the shells I was able to produce. I want to take this to rifle loads. So and I have 30-06 (my Dad's gun), -06AI, 243, and 223. Looking forward to all the input, with the potential of loading the best ammo I can. Thanks for your support and input.

LOOP12
Buddy
Welcome from north Mississippi.

Welcome from Montana, and Mexico North (aka Calif)
Do a lot of reading, before getting much in the way of equipment. There is so many ways to go in equipment it's isn't funny. Keep us posted on what you are thinking, and what you wanting to achieve with your reloading in rifles and pistols. Maybe we can cut down the expense of getting the reloading equipment by not having to purchase items twice or three time. before getting what you really want to do the job. What distances are you planning to shoot at under 500yds or out two a 1000yds. Equipment needs are different somewhat. Your ES & ED really come into play at the longer ranges. You are probable thinking what's that. So look it up on the net for what's it's about. One piece of equipment that needed to start with is a chronograph, before getting anything else. Even for factory ammo. It's the old story, Wish I knew then, what I know now.

Jerez.........when did Len move the Forum to Florida? ?????
Welcome from Alberta, Canada!
Well did not mean it that way just that I was. But now that I think about it the forum is from Florida to Alberta Canada and around the rest of the world as the members make up the body

Thanks

Buck

welcome from NY and another shotgunner- but also do rifle / pistol since the 60's its still just as much fun ,instead of chasing the shot you'll be doing the little primers. Again welcome. My favorite load is 16 Ga- 2 3/4 - 1 oz 5.5 NP shot with longshot powder nice long rang corn field / pheasant load .

Shotguns, I use a 28gauge mostly now. My go to load in a 12gauge is 2-3/4", 1-3/8 load of shots in a RP12 powder piston, about 38grs of bluedot. 1300fps loads. I would just change to a different shot size on depending on what I was hunting before lead was banded in Mexico-North, and duck hunting. I have 3 PW presses.