The new guy!!

Trad_man

Thanks for accepting my request to join. Im very new to long range shooting i have shot rifles prety much all my life.. but i still love my archery, traditional archery.. my wife say its an extreme change from a trad bow to a long range weapon.. i was introduced to long range a year ago from a friend the had a elk tag an asked if i wanted yo join him on his hunt. Yes!! Making a long story short i went watch him shoot his elk ( 1009 yrds) droped in its tracks i was in shock never ever have i seen anything like it.. after all the excitement was done an elk taking care of he asked if i wanted to take a few shots, again i've been around guns an had the basics, looking into that scope an pulling the trigger an watching me hit the targer at 800yrs i was pretty much sold i wanted more, after a half dozen shots i gave up on the 1000yrs target ( didn't want to waits his ammo) fast forward I've purchased my own rifle, yup a 6.5 prc just like his.. lol now im learning a new sport, sorta.. any how its going to take me sometime to get things gathered as far as equipment an scope an things, for one its expensive an two im on a fixed income and monies always tight. So its going to be fun once i get everything in order an get to shooting.. hope ya all don't mind a lot of questions from a green horn.. thanks guys.

Welcome to the forum! I enjoy traditional equipment myself. Your right, trad archery and long range hunting with a rifle are opposite ends of the spectrum. A lot of great guys on here and they have helped me tremendously. BTW, you don't have to spend a fortune to shoot long range effectively.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.