New Deer Rifle

surjimmy

Am thinking on getting a Parker Hale rifle, for some reason they have always intrigued me. I know nothing about them, so please any and all input would be helpful. Thank you.

had one in 243 about 25 years ago. It was the best shooting 243 ive ever owned. It would shoot moa with about any load i tried in it. I remember there was a load with seirra 100 grain boat tails that went into half of that. Sold it because i thought at the time it was just a bit to heavy and long for a 243.

I bought two from a good friend who owns a pawn shop,
I payed his price of less than $200 a rifle. in .270 and in 7MAG.
The Parker Hale rifles never got the love it was due. both are
great shooters and if another came in to the pawn shop, I would grab it in a heart beat.
They are beautiful rifles and are great hunting rifles with accuracy equal to
any rifle on the market. If you buy it you won't regret it.
The stocks that are on my rifles are on par with a Weatherby.
My brother uses them in South Dakota and has many complements.
I say go.

I ground hog hunted with an old fellow for a few years that used a varmint barrel 243 Parker Hale and it was super accurate with the 60 gr Sierra. That little bullet would vaporize a ground hog. I always told the old fellow that when he died I wanted to buy that rifle from his wife. I did not get it because his nephew got it even before the fellow got cold.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts