Favorite deer rifle

Being that this thread is trending towards old reliable I'm going to mix it up. These days I absolutely favor my Christensen carbon classic in 300wsm. I was lucky enough to get one that shoots lights out and it has settled into being my go to for anything antlered
308 for me....and MPNCC still have the ruger american chassis for sale?

Up until this year my Cooper 52 in 6.5x284 has been the hammer.
Gotta love a Cooper...I have several customs but have always wanted a Cooper. My friend has several and his .280ai has shot the tightest groups at 300yds I've ever seen.
Nice buck by the way....his left side has to pushing 90"......I'm gonna guess KS, but maybe not. Looks like a Southern KS buck.

My 10 year old just took this doe with his "new favorite rifle" savage 6.5 cm.

Attachments

• E571AFE8-23CF-45BF-8B39-E8FB84BBD749.jpeg
    E571AFE8-23CF-45BF-8B39-E8FB84BBD749.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
458 socom
338 Federal and 45-70

Attachments

• 91F36FCD-ED6C-42BB-9E0B-49FF7D0ED8A2.jpeg
    91F36FCD-ED6C-42BB-9E0B-49FF7D0ED8A2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
This is Dr. Atwood, giving me my first fishing pole in about 1951.

He shot a deer every year down on the Oregon coast with his early .270 Winchester Model 70. About ten years after this picture he gave me the rifle. I had it stocked by JK Cloward. There is more to the story, but my typewriter is too small tonight.
Is that English or French walnut I have a mod 70 pre64 standard weight 270 custom stock and no border checkering English walnut but I have too complement that rifle it is a work of art beautiful wood and checkering job

Is that English or French walnut I have a mod 70 pre64 standard weight 270 custom stock and no border checkering English walnut but I have too complement that rifle it is a work of art beautiful wood and checkering job
Looking a little closer that looks too be a pre war featherweight mod 70 once again a work of art thanks for sharing that's one too be proud off

Looking a little closer that looks too be a pre war featherweight mod 70 once again a work of art thanks for sharing that's one too be proud off
I wish I knew what kind of walnut it is. When you ordered a custom rifle from JK Cloward.......he took you back to his shed where he had PILES of blanks........and you'd choose the one you liked. He was an incredible craftsman.

I wish I knew what kind of walnut it is. When you ordered a custom rifle from JK Cloward.......he took you back to his shed where he had PILES of blanks........and you'd choose the one you liked. He was an incredible craftsman.
My dad was a custom gun , stock and knife maker I recognize true craftsmanship when I see it nearly a lost art