New build, 7mm rem mag?

I would change your trigger to a Trigger Tech Diamond, you can adjust this below 1lb, they are smooth and I run mine at 1.5lbs, it breaks clean no travel.
I have but one TT trigger, a Primary.
I haven't put the pull gauge on it, but it's light at its factory setting.
The break is oh so clean.
If you like 1.5 lb why not save some money and get the Primary ?

I have found setting at the minimum setting can cause it to discharge when closing the bolt. I have not seen that on a TT, but factory triggers I have seen it. Also, hard to get down to a minimum setting, I have found they would not go that low or measure that low. I normally take the lightest trigger, in this case TT Diamond and set it at my desired pull.

Made another decision today.
I had my mind made up to get the McMillan Game warden 2.0. They are very nice. I have shot them and don't think you could go wrong.
Well, I went to MPI Stocks in Vancouver Washington today and was able to put my hands on some very nice stocks. My Gun Smith was correct!
Today I ended up with a vertical grip, thumb hole, Kevlar carbon fiber stock. The sample was just over 24 oz with pillars, Pachmayr recoil pad, custom cheek, and sling studs. It is very comfortable for me.
Definitely something different.
Thought I would update everyone that has been helpful.
Thank you all!

Made another decision today.
I had my mind made up to get the McMillan Game warden 2.0. They are very nice. I have shot them and don't think you could go wrong.
Well, I went to MPI Stocks in Vancouver Washington today and was able to put my hands on some very nice stocks. My Gun Smith was correct!
Today I ended up with a vertical grip, thumb hole, Kevlar carbon fiber stock. The sample was just over 24 oz with pillars, Pachmayr recoil pad, custom cheek, and sling studs. It is very comfortable for me.
Definitely something different.
Thought I would update everyone that has been helpful.
Thank you all!
24 ounces on the handle is sweet! My recipe for a hunt rifle is to have a stock that's sub 28 ounces, a barrel that's .65" at the muzzle. Without a can I'd go 25", with a can I'd chop to 21" and add the can.

Keep the weight sub 8.5 pounds "all up" (scope, rings, sling, rounds).

In my 7 Mashburn Super and my 7 WSM I use a 8 twist.

You're wanting to go 180, please consider trying the Scenar as well. You won't be disappointed:)

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

You'll have a rig that you could use on 99% of the world's game and that's a very good place to be! I love the Big 7's!!

24 ounces on the handle is sweet! My recipe for a hunt rifle is to have a stock that's sub 28 ounces, a barrel that's .65" at the muzzle. Without a can I'd go 25", with a can I'd chop to 21" and add the can.

Keep the weight sub 8.5 pounds "all up" (scope, rings, sling, rounds).

In my 7 Mashburn Super and my 7 WSM I use a 8 twist.

You're wanting to go 180, please consider trying the Scenar as well. You won't be disappointed:)

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

You'll have a rig that you could use on 99% of the world's game and that's a very good place to be! I love the Big 7's!!
THANKS DOGS, I don't think I will add a can but that could change. I am not recoil sensitive shooting a 7rm tikka super light so I will probably be fine. If I decide on a can will a 21" barrel still burn the powder effectively? Like I said I only own stock rifles. Thank you! John.

8.5 lbs is my sweet spot ready to hunt. I've had 7RMs for decades. Love the performance of this cartridge. I sold my latest 7RM because it was just too heavy for long days in hunting woods. My last build was a 280AI, and it hit my target weight.
IMG_0600.jpeg

8.5 lbs is my sweet spot ready to hunt. I've had 7RMs for decades. Love the performance of this cartridge. I sold my latest 7RM because it was just too heavy for long days in hunting woods. My last build was a 280AI, and it hit my target weight.
View attachment 552182
That's a very desirable trail weight!! OP, no reason you can't use this as a goal for the build. Just chamber it in 7RM!! Anti-x is a good choice. Might look into the new Mack Bros Element to save a little cash. I just received one for my 7saum build and it is light!!!

THANKS DOGS, I don't think I will add a can but that could change. I am not recoil sensitive shooting a 7rm tikka super light so I will probably be fine. If I decide on a can will a 21" barrel still burn the powder effectively? Like I said I only own stock rifles. Thank you! John.
I think you will get all sorts of arguments on this. There is probly more efficient cartridges to run in a short barrel that will produce almost the same numbers with a 180 that the 7RM will but with a lot less juice. That being said, I wouldn't be scared to run a short barrel 7rm. I threaten to build one all the time as it's my favorite round. Personally I don't care about powder burn in a short barrel as long as the case gives me the numbers I want because that's what I care about. There's guys running 18-20" 300s because they make the numbers they like. Nothing says a 21" 7mag can't do the same (accept some naysayers that I'm sure will chime in).