new 7mm rem mag advice

You might consider Georgia Arms. I reload extensively but my son uses this ammo in his 243. It has delivered among the best groups I have seen for factory ammunition. Also thanks for your service.

Thanks man I appreciate it!. I will check out georgia arms, I have never heard of them. I will be reloading in the next year if funds allow me to get the extra compinents, powder etc,. Just gotta get by for the time being. Right now Im between the remington 150 grain scirocco and federal 150 grain nosler ballistic tip.. both im sure would work well for big ny whitetail

I plan on trying out some heavier stuff as needed for my shooting/hunting needs..someday I would love to have a 1000 yard range to shoot, but I dont realistically see that happening anytime soon. I see somewheres in the 4-600 being a real possibility which isnt long range by the standards here. Whitetails are for sure my main choice in game, maybe someday elk, mulies, antelope etc, but more than likely its going to be a "set up on the edge of a field and see what comes out" kinda rifle

You should still match your bullets to barrel twist. If you have a faster barrel, your rifle may NEED heavier bullets and lighter ones for a slow twist. You could have a better shooting rifle and be utilizing longer/heavier bullets at same time.

You should still match your bullets to barrel twist. If you have a faster barrel, your rifle may NEED heavier bullets and lighter ones for a slow twist. You could have a better shooting rifle and be utilizing longer/heavier bullets at same time.

Guess that's what I was trying to say awhile ago, just didn't make it that simple!! Lol! Thanks for saying it for me! Lol!! My brain cells get kinda scattered at time! Really though, I couldn't agree more!! Good point!!

DT

I agree completely, i doubt ill buy one bullet and have that be the magic set up for the gun..but the previous owner shot the remington 150s.. Not sure if accutip or scirocco but had great accuracy from what he said so im going to start there and see where it takes me

Well idecided to buy a box of hornady 154 grain sst superformance ammo today to give a try next time I go to the range..I have high hopes that this bullet will shoot well..could be a long term, bullet choice. .525 bc if I remember correctly, so if it shoots it has longer range potential..I would have triedthe 162 sst but they didnt have any at cabelas today so that will have to wait.. prolly will try to make it to the range next weekend and see how the 154s shoot..reviews are good but as you all know my rifle may not think the same

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.