7mm rem mag

JamesWilson5

Got a Tikka m695 no custom work but gonna reload some 145 speer grand slam 145 speer spbt and got some 150 ttsx my powder is imr 4831 imr 7828 and Rl 25 looking to try for max load but my chrono has bit the dust loaded lots of other heavy magnum just first go around with 7mm rem any advice for a good start and shooting from 50 to around 400 yards never tried speer are they worth loading and I'm only hunting hogs and white tail

The Speer SPBT have been really accurate for me in a couple guns, as good as Sierra GameKings. 145 should work great on hogs and deer. If it were me I would take some book data and stay a grain or two under max without a chrono, it doesn't take a lot of speed for the bullets to work well. Something around 2950-3000 would be where I want to be.

The Speer SPBT have been really accurate for me in a couple guns, as good as Sierra GameKings. 145 should work great on hogs and deer. If it were me I would take some book data and stay a grain or two under max without a chrono, it doesn't take a lot of speed for the bullets to work well. Something around 2950-3000 would be where I want to be.
Ok thanks that's bout speed I'm looking for most stuff I have looked at everyone's saying factory ammo is way under loaded