New Bill Criminalizing Private Gun Sales

I do know one thing for sure. Trump doesn't make significant progress on his wall and his political career is toast.
He's already pizzed a lot of us gun owners off. It's going to take a LOT of making up for his recent stupid choices to listen to Democrats who know nothing about guns, to make his ego-driven decisions to ban certain things, and allow unconstitutional red-flag laws to happen.

He's already pizzed a lot of us gun owners off. It's going to take a LOT of making up for his recent stupid choices to listen to Democrats who know nothing about guns, to make his ego-driven decisions to ban certain things, and allow unconstitutional red-flag laws to happen.
Pretty sure at this point the only thing that will save our votes for him, is nothing else but worse to choose from.

Pretty sure at this point the only thing that will save our votes for him, is nothing else but worse to choose from.
I'm not even a big Ted Cruz fan, but he seems to fully support the 2nd Amendment in it's original capacity, and he supports the 1st Amendment in it's fullest and most literal terms. Therefore, at this point, I'm leaning that way if he runs. If nothing else better pops into the primaries, I guess I'll go for Trump. I just can't stand to be stabbed in the back...

First off, what did I say that had anything to do with drama? If you don't care what debt you are leaving your kids, go ahead and spend away. May as well build a wall across the Northern border, too, while you are at it.
I don't have any need to pay for the bottomless pit that is only a pipe dream in some rich guys head. There are other ways to solve the problem, if there really was the will.
The problem is that too many follow what the guys that Orange Dust referred to.
As far as nut up or shut up, there is precious little any of us can do. Getting our representatives ear and explaining that normal doesnt cut it is one of the few things we can do.
You are being dramatic. I told you, I don't care if there is a wall or not. I've seen money wasted on far worst. I think you are a little ignorant like most and don't actually understand the lose-lose situation we are all in.

Whispering or screaming in your reps ear won't make a difference. They don't care. The media needs to be used as a weapon. Corruptions needs to be cut out like a cancer. As far as the money goes, we could save BILLIONS litterally, buy just not funding some the stupid organizations that we do. simple answer is we stop funding them. But while none of that is a reality...4.5 bullion wasted on a wall would just be used to fund some bird watching organization or the some stupid fha experiment.

You are being dramatic. I told you, I don't care if there is a wall or not. I've seen money wasted on far worst. I think you are a little ignorant like most and don't actually understand the lose-lose situation we are all in.

Whispering or screaming in your reps ear won't make a difference. They don't care. The media needs to be used as a weapon. Corruptions needs to be cut out like a cancer. As far as the money goes, we could save BILLIONS litterally, buy just not funding some the stupid organizations that we do. simple answer is we stop funding them. But while none of that is a reality...4.5 bullion wasted on a wall would just be used to fund some bird watching organization or the some stupid fha experiment.
So, I'm dramatic AND ignorant because I don't feel the need to spend billions feeding Trumps ego? Whatever.

Go ahead and tell your kids that "I support wasting huge amounts of your money because others do it too."

How are we EVER going to bring that debt down with an attitude like yours?

In my opinion, Trump would be a shoe-in for re-election if he'd take the money that we give to the sanctuary cities/states and the money that we give to the illegals and use it to pay for his wall.

Like you, I really don't care one way or the other about a wall. But I do NOT want to increase our already out of control debt to do it.

Obviously, neither of us is going to change the others opinions so I'm out.

So, I'm dramatic AND ignorant because I don't feel the need to spend billions feeding Trumps ego? Whatever.

Go ahead and tell your kids that "I support wasting huge amounts of your money because others do it too."

How are we EVER going to bring that debt down with an attitude like yours?

In my opinion, Trump would be a shoe-in for re-election if he'd take the money that we give to the sanctuary cities/states and the money that we give to the illegals and use it to pay for his wall.

Like you, I really don't care one way or the other about a wall. But I do NOT want to increase our already out of control debt to do it.

Obviously, neither of us is going to change the others opinions so I'm out.

Well ok then I challenge this. Besides having a gov shut down and stand off. How would you or anyone else stop the waste of money to stupid gov programs? Perferably that doesn't involve talking to a corrupted or idiotic congressman asking them to make a sensible approach

And also, never miss an opportunity to discuss this stuff with someone who might not agree with it. You might open their eyes to a new way of thinking and win someone new over to our side of the fence. Once these people realize that the 2nd Amendment is THEIR right, too (even if they don't exercise it), they'll see that it's still an option on the table if they want to later. Everyone likes options, right? So do gun owners, that's why we don't want the government telling us what we can and can't own...We like having weapon options. And regardless of whether these people your talking to choose to exercise it or not, do they still like the fact that another one of their rights is being taken away? They might not be under warrant for a crime, but do they want their 4th Amendment rights removed for no reason, so the cops can unlawfully search and seize their property for no reason other than because they wanted to? Same situation with the 2nd Amendment. You might not own guns, or believe in our rights to owning all guns, but someday that might change if you're ever a victim of a crime, or decide you want to defend yourself to avoid being a victim of a crime.

Or discuss it with someone in the middle with no strong beliefs either way. They may be easier to convince than one that disagrees. And we can't forget Generation Z in those efforts.

Well ok then I challenge this. Besides having a gov shut down and stand off. How would you or anyone else stop the waste of money to stupid gov programs? Perferably that doesn't involve talking to a corrupted or idiotic congressman asking them to make a sensible approach

I don't see any way to achieve this goal unless the side that wants to stop it has control of the House, a supermajority in the Senate, and a POTUS that actually wants to accomplish it. I think Ron Paul discussed this very issue some years ago in regards to reducing the size and scope of government. Because it has grown so large and so many now depend on it one way or the other for a paycheck, he said that the way out of the current government spending mess would be slow and very painful. I don't remember the article name or where I read it but it was during Barry's Reich if I recall.

I agree with you that the government wastes money on a lot of dumb things, like the ATF and giving money to the pile of blue putrid filth that is the UN. And although I prefer a minefield to a wall, at least there is something tangible to show for the 5 billion price tag.

There's always a way. One day people will realized that despite all the media slander and fbi "investigations" the only way to restore balance is to water the tree of liberty with blood. The founders of this country knew that the day would happen again. It's not that far out to believe that it will. Tyranny comes in different forms. Tea and taxes might not be the problem anymore but there IS a problem and I think everyone knows it.

Ole' Bathroom Booker the water closet rapist is joining the race... Along with political whore Kamala Harris. Good bunch of folks they got running... :rolleyes:

Good for Trump's 2020 win. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts