Arkansas Bill SB298

ARCaveman

SB298 passed the Arkansas Senate and is being sent to the House. If this goes through it will be a huge win for gun rights in Arkansas. It basically forbids the enforcement of any unconstitutional federal gun laws passed and in the future.

Not sure what will actually make it through but from what I understand about the way it is written now, yes. I can't imagine it will stay as is, but if it does I'll be in line the day after it passes to buy some suppressors.

I get the feeling that you will have to make your own suppressors. I can't imagine any FFL's in Arkansas are going to be willing to go along with this. They answer to the Feds.

Yeah I'm sure you're right. I was (mostly) joking about the suppressors. As broad as the bill is written right now, I can't imagine it won't be changed dramatically. Either way, I'm just glad to see my home state trying to combat D.C. anti-gun policies.

SB298 passed the Arkansas Senate and is being sent to the House. If this goes through it will be a huge win for gun rights in Arkansas. It basically forbids the enforcement of any unconstitutional federal gun laws passed and in the future.

We have a really good Legislature this time around. They have already passed some great stuff. This will pass no problem. Rino Asa will most likely veto it, and these good folks will override, as usual.

The Bill is now Sitting on Asa's desk awaiting his signature to become law. The legislature did their job (and a fine one I might add). If you are from Arkansas please contact Asa's office and ask him to do his and sign it.

BTW, after you contact Asa, send the GOA $100. With the legislature we have in place now, don't know if it is the win they are claiming, but they did work on it pretty hard. I do have my doubts it made a difference. Pretty sure our guys would have passed it anyway. Maybe the GOA can nudge Asa so he won't have to go on national TV with egg on his face like last time. Looks bad for us.

Asa vetoed as expected. Author was on radio this evening and said they would override he he could cut it back to the floor before session ends Tuesday. Asa waited till the last day to veto before it becomes law to limit their time to get an override. He needs to join the Democrat party, but he's campaigning for a seat on the board at Walmart. Remember that if thinking of shopping there. They don't want our kind there.