New 7PRC brass

FWIW. my new peterson brass and my once fired hornady brass had the same speed at 66 grains of H1000.

every rifle is different so be careful. please report your findings as well.

Anybody know how much the brass is growing ? Curious to see how close the brass is to chamber dims. My 7stw brass grows .020 at the shoulder comparator datum to case head at 2 firings.

Anybody know how much the brass is growing ? Curious to see how close the brass is to chamber dims. My 7stw brass grows .020 at the shoulder comparator datum to case head at 2 firings.

That sounds like an awful lot of growth. I think the most I've seen a new piece of brass grow to chamber diminishes is around .007" @ the datum point.

With .020" growth I'd be fireforming with bullets loaded into the lands to ensure that the growth didn't come from the case stretching just above the case head, rather than the shoulders blowing forward.

Just my thoughts.

Anybody order more brass than they needed. I could use a box or two for a rifle I just finished up.

Called Peterson and their first run of 7 PRC was a PoP Alpha run…smaller batch. Next batch will be 175k in October

They are also planning on a SRP .243…need that for my .243AI

Recent Posts