A new 7PRC build

Don Rackley

With all the Black Friday sales the parts of a new build just showed up šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Defiance anTi X
Proof prefit
Manners LRH
Badger M5
Trigger tech Diamond
Dies and 200pcs ADG brass
Already have rings and scope

Dropped it off today for bedding, prob 2 weeks to get it backā€¦..

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpeg
    IMG_1504.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 77
Standard SAAMI more than likely?
I'm doing a similar build Nitride AntiX, Manners PH, 26"HCA ...I haven't decided on which 7PRC reamer yet.

My son's, 24 inch Proof, 7 PRC, pre-fit on, a Tikka action, is shooting small with, StaBall HD powder , nice looking, ADG Brass and 180 gr. Eld-M's.
.311 dia., ctr to ctr at, 100 yds ( load testing, 4 shot group ) at, .050 "Off" the Lands.
He got groups in the 4's ( 5 shots ) with, Factory Hornady, 175 gr. Eld-X ammo.
He's,.. very Happy to say, the least ! @ Don Rackley,.. You have, a well thought out and, Nice looking, Rig !!!
Good Luck with, your New Rifle and, load, "work up" !
Keep us Posted, on results !

Last edited:
You have 160 accubondsā€¦ā€¦I'm jealous! I suggest bedding it yourself next time. I did it last year with a manners lrh, was worried about ruining an expensive hard to get stock but you tube came through for me šŸ˜€

I hate to "Bad Mouth" Bullets, but for, something close to, DRT Kills, on Elk you want, "Boiler room" shots with, the 180 gr. Eld-M's or, 175 Eld-X's and for High shoulder bone CNS or, Boiler room hits, use, Berger Hunting 180 gr., H-VLDS, Hybrids or, the 175 gr., Elite Hunters.
Bullets that, Fragment and "Scramble" the Heart Lung area, work real "Well" and the Bone crunching Bergers ( high shoulder, CNS ) keep em' from,.. "moving around" and an Ugly, tracking Job !
These are all, accurate bullets, once finding, your Rifles, Powder & seating depth, combo, testing is, Key !
The OP's Proof barrel is, throated to Optimize, the longer Bullets, mentioned.

Last edited: