needing/wanting new rifle

rebelfootball73

well i have the ITCH again! time to add to the collection. i already have several 22 lr, 17hmrs, so im not looking for a plinker. have 2 30-30's, 1 444 and 2 30 carbines none. also have a 7mm-08 and 7stw. now im looking for something different well kinda. want somethin that i can actually find ammo for around here. been thinking about a 300 win or 3006. was going to get a 308 or 223 but you really cant find ammo right now. why cant this be easy!?

I would get what you want. It may take some looking/ digging but some ammo is out there. I saw half a million 308 and 223's this weekend at a show. Searching thru a couple LGS I have found a few here and there. If you reload, I even scored a couple bags of 308 brass. The store had 7RM , 300winmag, 25-06, 7-08 and a couple others. Good luck seems like hunting for supplies will fill the void of no open season for game right now.

im just having a hard time narrowing down what i want. a 308 or 223 would be cheaper to shoot but i like the kick of the magnums. now dont get me wrong i could get a cheap 308 and a cheap 300 win but lately i have found myself going more towards quality guns instead oof quantity. heck i even kicked around the idea of getting a S&W 460 xvr.

You may want to look at 300WSM. For whatever reason, it seems like brass is everywhere . . .

Long term, I agree with the above poster - get what you want and you will find the components you need.

You may want to look at 300WSM. For whatever reason, it seems like brass is everywhere . . .

Long term, I agree with the above poster - get what you want and you will find the components you need.

Unless, of course, you choose 7 saum. I'm looking at $1.00 per each, used.
Think I'll keep lookin' :D

I've got 50 7 saum and 50 7/300 saum and that's it.

This brass better last me or I will try making it out of 300 wsm.

Got some bags of that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.