new rifle opninions needed

LEFTYM77

Hello all I am having a hard time deciding between a few rifles for my next purchase. this rifle will be a 243 but I can't decide between a savage model 12 vlp a remington model 700 vls or a ruger m77 mkII target... this gun will be used for about 80% long range bench shooting and some varminting ( mostly coyotes) I am a lefty but am buying a right haeded gun brcause of the comfort an shootablity off the bench.
so lets here the opinions...

n o votes for the ruger or the savage? what about the micmillan stock and the factory pillar bedding? also what is everyones opinions on the sps varmint?

Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge

Savages shoot great, Remmies shoot great.

You have a little more flexibility with the Savages if you are a tinkerer.

McMillan is the class of stocks, if you have time to wait. But there are others that are just as good without the 'bling' value :cool:

AJ

PS: I've never really cared for the Ruger, but thats just plain old fashion bias :D

so I went into the shop and handled all the above mentioned rifles and chose the savage becase I loved the accutrigger, and out of all three the anwser I kept getting on which is the most accurate out of the box rifle was the savage. the remmy was a close second but it has the monty carlo stock and being a lefty it did not fit that well. now I just have to decide on what to mount on it for glass....

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.