Rifle "problem" Help needed

Ltsheets

Ok so as I'm sure I'm not alone in this, I have what I call a first world problem. I just got back from a safari where my MRC 28 Nosler took 19 animals between my buddy and myself and impressed the hell out of me. I also took a custom 300wsm loaded with 190 VLDs that took 7 animals as well as could be asked. Seeing as how I have a problem with always wanting new rifles, as a lot of us do haha, I'm considering selling the 300wsm in favor of buying/building a lighter 28 Nosler to go with my heavier MRC 28 Nos. The other option would be to keep the 300wsm, upgrade the scope with something lighter and maybe try and get a lighter stock. The 300wsm is a M70 CRF action, B&C stock, and 22" shilen barrel with muzzle break.

Something else of note is that my MRC has a 1/9.5" twist so I can't load 195vld's in it. I shot all my animals with factory 160AB Nosler loads and they didn't disappoint.

So here's the question, do I keep the 300wsm and tweak it, or do I consider selling it to buy something like a Christensen arms Ridgeline in 28 Nosler or build one?

I have to agree, sell the 300wsm, and build the exact rifle that you want. I've gone through this exact thing. I was never completely happy with a rifle, until I had a full custom built. But this brings on another problem..... now when I want to build another rifle, it will have to be fully custom. Have fun!

If you do build a custom 28 Nosler, take a look at Alliance Custom Armory, they built mine and I am very happy with the results. Someone else to consider as well is Ryan Pierce, I understand he builds a nice rifle.

I appreciate the advice!

If you do build a custom 28 Nosler, take a look at Alliance Custom Armory, they built mine and I am very happy with the results. Someone else to consider as well is Ryan Pierce, I understand he builds a nice rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.