My 270 Win, upgraded, finally shooting SubMOA.

HUAINAMACHERO

Some pics of my rig.
Upgraded Winchester Mod 70, 270 Win, Featherweight. Properly bedded. Old scope Leupold Vari X II 3x9x40.

New scope Leupold Vari X III 6.5x20x40 EFR.
EGW 20 MOA Picatinny Rail,
Seekins Precision 1inch, low scope rings,
Mounting Solutions Plus - Anti Cant Device 1 inch,
Nightforce Angle Degree Indicator,
Harris bipod,
Buttler Creek Scope Covers.
IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

Shooting 140 grain Accubond, muzzle velocity 2890 FPS. Group size 0.724 inches, minus .277 = 0.447.
IMG_1589.jpg

Hope you like it!!!

Last edited:
Nice looking rifle. I think you can get more juice out of it though, if you want. I load a 270 shooting H4831SC and a 150 Berger VLD at 2950.

I agree with the above that you "could" steam it up a bit. But after seeing your buck and reading the story I would wonder why you would want to.......

Your efforts have served you well.

It's always thrilling to shoot a decent group, then deduct the .277. Kind of gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.:)

Good huntin' too ya.

Very nice :cool:. I have a couple M70 Classics here that I just love. A Stainless 30/06,and a stainless 7 RM. The 7mm is slated for a little tweaking this winter. The "Old Otter" is my baby. Shoots great and feels like an old friend in the hand. If I would run across one in 270, I'm afraid it would be in danger of coming home. That's a dandy you have there. Very nice.

Now that is a good looking gun. How do you like the Picatinny rail with the scope mounted on it? I have always used direct mounts.

Thanks for the comments guys. I will be trying it this weekend out to maybe 700 yards, will let you know how it went.
Kenai_king19, I really like the Picatinny Rail, I feel it makes the mount much more solid, and for me was the perfect way to install the ACI.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.