Muzzle Brake Recommendations?

The Gen 3 FB does work well. Set my iphone up and videoed the muzzle. Could see where the 5th ports open started pushing muzzle down - have to look very close to see it. Back to 4 sets open no push down. Currently using it on my Lapua.

It is on my 30 Nosler. It works.

20220804_225942.jpg

You like it but haven't tried it with a scope? Video your muzzle with phone in slo mo. Tell us if muzzle is being pushed down before it rebounds up.
It's a new barrel that is garbage, but is being replaced and is already off the action. It was a 300 WM and while breaking it in I got up to a magnum load and when I did it took me 3 days of scrubbing to get the carbon out and when I got back down to the metal I had 100's of tiny circular rings from the chamber to the muzzle. The only thing I can think of is the metal is bad and under the magnum pressure, it actually stretched the barrel causing the rings the full length of the barrel. Once I get the new barrel installed I'll have the new rings here that'll work with the heavier barrel I have and I'll give y'all a report, but from the shouldered recoil of shooting a 300 WM without a brake, I'm going to say it's going to help a lot staying on target.
Zoom in on the pic to see the rings.

Attachments

• A7C24D0E-2DE2-404A-859B-EA2A06388726.jpeg
    A7C24D0E-2DE2-404A-859B-EA2A06388726.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
You like it but haven't tried it with a scope? Video your muzzle with phone in slo mo. Tell us if muzzle is being pushed down before it rebounds up.
As I also said click the link and watch the videos, if the recoil reduction alone don't convince you the brakes work good idk what will, but like I said once I have it all up and running I'll give a report on it. If it has too much down force I'll plug a few of the holes.

Looked again - I have First 3 pairs closest to trigger open, 2 pair closest to muzzle closesd
I finally got the 300 WM put together that has a Muzzle Brakes and More LLC on it and here's the video of me shooting it offhand, you decide if it works well or not.
Now I'd like to see an offhand video of you shooting a large magnum rifle to see what your muzzle brakes does if you don't mind.

Last edited: