Muzzle Brake Recommendations?

Window

Good day everyone and I'm hoping to get some good advice here from the great people on this forum. In all my years of shooting and hunting with a 30-378 Weatherby, I'm finally ready find a new brake other than the factory brake the MarkV comes with. I've been very happy with the recoil reduction of the factory brake but I'm looking for the best option when shooting prone (side port) but also one that would help with the muzzle jump to help see target impacts. Any and all good recommendations are welcome and thanks in advance for giving them.

The PVA Shockwave is a very good option as it's great for recoil reduction but also doesn't send a lot of blast back at the shooter like some do. Worth a look.

I put a Area 419 HellFire on one of my newer rifles, and it works as described. I just really don't like the look of a brake not contoured to the barrel. On an upcoming build I am having the GS turn a Hawkins titanium brake to match the barrel. It is a significant $$ increase over a shelf brake, but so is everything else on a custom build.

Good day everyone and I'm hoping to get some good advice here from the great people on this forum. In all my years of shooting and hunting with a 30-378 Weatherby, I'm finally ready find a new brake other than the factory brake the MarkV comes with. I've been very happy with the recoil reduction of the factory brake but I'm looking for the best option when shooting prone (side port) but also one that would help with the muzzle jump to help see target impacts. Any and all good recommendations are welcome and thanks in advance for giving them.
Check out the new brakes from Axisworks.

We put a 5 port on my sons rifle and it has been great.

Love my Ti Pro 3s.

20220801_225040.jpg

APA Bastard

Made shooting my 300 Weatherby a breeze.

On a hunting rifle I really like the Hawkins self timing brake. The ports are straight out versus swept back so you get less concussion than say an Area419 (also a great brake) while still getting excellent recoil management. I also think their installation process and self timing design is super user friendly. I used to use the Area419 and have used MBM in the past but prefer the Hawkins. All will get the job done for you.

Last edited: