Muzzle Brake Recommendations?

I sure liked the old Vias design, his original one when George had the company, I think it's still out there under a different name now. Cheers

1659517784290.png

I sure liked the old Vias design, his original one when George had the company, I think it's still out there under a different name now. Cheers

View attachment 384339
@Window is
... looking for the best option when shooting prone (side port) but also one that would help with the muzzle jump to help see target impacts.
I have been using multiple brands/types of MBs since 2003 and the radial brakes (Vais and Quiet by Gentry) are the worst that I have ever used. I could not get rid of them fast enough. I still have a Vais brake on one of my .300 WSM that came with it. I have an extra .30 cal MBs but not the same muzzle thread. I am keeping it as a target/range rifle until it is time to re-barrel. Gentry depicts why radial brakes are not "my" personal preference. As noted in #16, we all have personal preferences for intended purposes. Cheers!

Gentry quiet MB.jpg

+1 for the Ti Pro series 👍🏼

I put a Ti Pro 3 ST on my 338 Norma this year and going from a 3 port blended style brake to the 5 port ST model made a tremendous difference. In a 10 lb total unloaded configuration i can now spot impacts.

I was so impressed, and because its the self timing model I screwed it onto my 28 Nosler just to try and same result. I can spot impacts, where as with a 3 port blended style brake it was just enough that I couldn't.

I'll be ordering another one for that rifle soon also. Best of luck!

I have T3, T4, MBM 5 port, APA FB Gen 3 (top ports are nice) but will be trying a Ti Pro heavy on my Lapua AI next. The T4 is best so far but they are all close

Good day everyone and I'm hoping to get some good advice here from the great people on this forum. In all my years of shooting and hunting with a 30-378 Weatherby, I'm finally ready find a new brake other than the factory brake the MarkV comes with. I've been very happy with the recoil reduction of the factory brake but I'm looking for the best option when shooting prone (side port) but also one that would help with the muzzle jump to help see target impacts. Any and all good recommendations are welcome and thanks in advance for giving them.
Good day everyone and I'm hoping to get some good advice here from the great people on this forum. In all my years of shooting and hunting with a 30-378 Weatherby, I'm finally ready find a new brake other than the factory brake the MarkV comes with. I've been very happy with the recoil reduction of the factory brake but I'm looking for the best option when shooting prone (side port) but also one that would help with the muzzle jump to help see target impacts. Any and all good recommendations are welcome and thanks in advance for giving them
APA , Area 419 ,Hawkins .

Good day everyone and I'm hoping to get some good advice here from the great people on this forum. In all my years of shooting and hunting with a 30-378 Weatherby, I'm finally ready find a new brake other than the factory brake the MarkV comes with. I've been very happy with the recoil reduction of the factory brake but I'm looking for the best option when shooting prone (side port) but also one that would help with the muzzle jump to help see target impacts. Any and all good recommendations are welcome and thanks in advance for giving them.
Nathan Wright with Muzzlebrakesandmore.com , They are of the highest quality at a fair price. Shooting my 7mm RM is like shooting a 243 now.

I did a similar request a year or so back.

I looked at all the videos demonstrating scientifically the recoil reduction each brake made.

I narrowed it to two brakes for my .338 LM. Either Terminator T4 or MBM Beast. I went w MBM because its made in America and they are an LRH sponsor. Both are really close almost identical on % Reduction of recoil from the sled tests in the videos.

As you can see, from the thread,
my going in assumptions of good brakes changed a lot.

Many thanks to everyone who has given their input! I've spent a few hours researching all that have been mentioned and I'm leaning towards the Terminator. I haven't been able to find much info on Kirby Allen's but will do so before pulling the trigger thanks to Bsnyder saying that he preferred it over the Terminator.

Found this…

Last edited:
Pick one; all of the recommendations except for the radial (Vais) will perform better than your factory MB. As you can see, we all have personal preferences.
Agree, I was talking about breaks made by Vias, not his partner or the folks he sold his other patents to. I fielded a few and never had any issue... can't speak for the others I never used theirs. Cheers