Most accurate non custom

Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
Sako S20 or Tikka either one are super accurate and very well-made

I'm shocked no one has recommended a Springield Waypoint! They are excellent rifles. Only draw back is limited cartridge offerings.

Ridgelines can be great, but you can also get. Lemon.

20221015_075652.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
Savage.

Thanks!

300 & 7 PRC are absolutely outstanding platforms no doubt, but 300wm and 7rem mag have been around a long time for a good reason. They perform outstanding also even with the belted case. You can go wrong either way but you will find ammo on the shelf everywhere if you don't reload for the win mag and rem mag, PRC ammo is available but not as prevalent. Reloading was a lot more practical before the current trend of price gouging for supplies so all these factors need to be taken into consideration when purchasing your go to hunting platform.

All I know is that my tikka ctr 6.5 creedmoor is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned. Over my customs. It always puts them where the crosshairs are regardless of position. My customs are bigger chamberings to be fair and still extremely accurate. The ctr is the rifle i grab if I need a no bs accurate rugged rifle. It's fairly heavy for a hunting rifle though. I might be taking it in a bear hunt here this weekend actually haha. If weight allows.
Setting mine up to shoot - soon. Under $600 in Gunstore parking lot sale - Tikka T3X Lite -weighs 6.3 lbs - 6.5 Creed and $250 4.5 X 14 40 Burris Fulfield is it ? Very decent glass for the price. Under $1,000 for the full rig - which should be good for hitting gongs at 1,000 yards. :)

Last edited:
Thanks!
Customs I have built and had, the list is ling. My better ones were Shilen and Bruce Baer.
But, with a little trigger work, my store bought Savages shot as good or better.
I spent $3200.00 on a Remington build bench rest rifle for PD. 243 AI with 1-8 twist. Bruce barrel, Ken Farrell base, McMillan stock, Sightron scope. My daughter's 243 $180.00 Axis rifle shot better.
I only have Savage Bolt guns for hunting, PD shooting and long range target shooting.
Save your money!

SAVAGE.

We , partner and 2 friends, have several Bergara's I started them on them, have a 6.5 C and a 6.5 PRC, both right out of the box shot under .50 groups, they now shoot under .20 and better. Love the PRC in 6.5, Out to longer ranges, like 800 they hit the button every time, most accurate guns I've ever owned, and the price point is under $1,000 for most of them. B-14 . Only issue I've heard is the bolt weld on point is weak sometimes, but know a guy who has a PRC 300, you can hardly close the bolt on a new cartridge and to open it you almost have to beat it with your palm, and that was a custom he dished out $4 +++ for, WHY. Good luck and hope you find what you want. I'm not a big fan of the 300, I would look at the 6.5 PRC

Thanks!
I own two Bergara's, a 22-250 and 6.5 CM, my options are limited with factory rifles as I am left-handed, but I am pleased with both. My custom from Ryan Pierce is better, but it's way more expensive. I did put Triggertech Diamonds in both the Bergara's and Leupold Mark IV, and NF glass, but they both shoot better than I can. I live on a small farm and the 250 is with me often, racoons, coyotes and other vermin are ded when it goes bang.

Customs I have built and had, the list is ling. My better ones were Shilen and Bruce Baer.
But, with a little trigger work, my store bought Savages shot as good or better.
I spent $3200.00 on a Remington build bench rest rifle for PD. 243 AI with 1-8 twist. Bruce barrel, Ken Farrell base, McMillan stock, Sightron scope. My daughter's 243 $180.00 Axis rifle shot better.
I only have Savage Bolt guns for hunting, PD shooting and long range target shooting.
Save your money!

SAVAGE.
Savage makes good rifles.