May Want To Stock Up On Reloading Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too believe this "shortage" is a manufactured crisis.They are finally making a ton of money and don't really care if I buy or not as someone else will!
Things are starting get real scary in the world.
It's time to develop solid relationships! Biblical value of having brothers in our plight. Molon Labe!

I just talked to my local gun store and they told me that when the new shipment that they've got on order shows up here in the next week or two everything on their shelf powder-wise will be going up 30% to match the new prices so if I wanted something grab it now

I just talked to my local gun store and they told me that when the new shipment that they've got on order shows up here in the next week or two everything on their shelf powder-wise will be going up 30% to match the new prices so if I wanted something grab it now
I stopped today and the shop was well stocked for a change. Benchmark and other hogdon and IMR powder's are now $66 per pound. Federal 210's were $160 a brick. I picked up a brick of CCI 400 and a pound of benchmark and it was $165! Luckily my 223 is cheap to shoot. 🙄

I commend Powder Valley for their honesty, telling us powder prices are going up significantly. Today, I received their email talking about powder prices increasing. Lapua also notified customers that some cartridge production will be suspended to support military production. My 6.5x284 was specifically noted as "Suspended".

I consider the purchase of all components required to shoot out the barrel as part of ordering a the new barrel and put a priority on acquiring them all at the same time. So I'm Okay for the short term. I'm in the camp of, "Getting them when they are available is NOT hoarding".

How much is the right quantity of inventory for you…?

There are always a lot of complaints on this forum about high prices. Which one is worse, current prices or "unobtainium"…?

View attachment 531719

If you're like me and you've been refining your armory/buying/trading consistently since 2000, "unobtanium" is not your reality…Or is it truth? Ugh! All this woke, dei, participation trophy award BS is just over the top. Oh well. My truth is well stocked. 😊👍

If you're like me and you've been refining your armory/buying/trading consistently since 2000, "unobtanium" is not your reality…Or is it truth? Ugh! All this woke, dei, participation trophy award BS is just over the top. Oh well. My truth is well stocked. 😊👍
Good for you! Sounds like you got what you needed when it was available! That is not hoarding, that is good planning. God bless! I'm all in with you brother!

To me it looks like the prices vary substantially from retailer to retailer. One may charge $65 a pound for powder and another $50 for the same thing. Shopping and researching are valuable tools now.
I know that most of lgs can only order quarterly . They put their first order in right after the first of the year so once they receive those shipments whatever they get will then the old powder and the new powder will all reflect the same price I think that's why you're seeing a difference in some places still having a cheaper price once they get the new orders they will raise the price for everything to that new powder price. So think how much more a gun shop that got a good order in on the last quarter and still has a bunch sitting on the shelves they're going to make on it

To me it looks like the rices vary substantially from retailer to retailer. One may charge $65 a pound for powder and another $50 for the same thing. Shopping and researching are valuable tools now.
I was at the Reno Scheels just checking availability of stuff. Still no LRP but a good supply of powders - even some alliant. Prices are way above pre covid but not as high as some so called discount outlets. They do expect a shipment of LR primers in about a month tho. I bought 3 bricks there two months ago for $80 a brick. Federal 210.

I was at the Reno Scheels just checking availability of stuff. Still no LRP but a good supply of powders - even some alliant. Prices are way above pre covid but not as high as some so called discount outlets. They do expect a shipment of LR primers in about a month tho. I bought 3 bricks there two months ago for $80 a brick. Federal 210.
Lucky You!

Status
Not open for further replies.