Mass Shootings - Why?

I think we should outlaw all those video games that de-sensitize kids to killing. "Killing Games" should be illegal for obvious reasons.

So you don't want rifles banned... but you want video games banned. lol

You don't want the government taking what you like, but you want them taking what someone else likes. So the lefties argue that guns make violence, and you argue that video games make violence. Out one side of the mouth you say "individuals are responsible, not guns" then out of the other side you say "video games are responsible, not individuals."

I'd like to thank you for illuminating that this country is now completely void of logical thought.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

You don't really mean that do you or am I not seeing some other meaning? Can you please expound on your comment?
Not that I believe in this being a false flag event but someone had posted some coincidences. This shooting and columbine were both right before NRA conventions, and a couple of other interesting ties.

Would I honestly put it past our current admin to do something like this, I don't know. They have federal agents inciting during 1/6, the whole whitmer plot, a "retired" FBI agent talking with the buffalo shooter ( supposedly fully aware of what he was about to do) etc. It was argued they need to change the narrative and they need something to rally their base beyond just abortion, so the other hot topic they campaigned on was guns. It's not like our government hasn't done or been a part of worse things.

Like I said, it's just what I had read by someone.

Video games de-sensitize people to killing. The US military used Video games to acclimate new recruits to killing during a period of time in the Viet Nam war. It is amazing how many hours some kids spend on the killing games.

Responsible gun ownership is usually taught by their Dads, and if they do not have a dad, who is the teacher?

Mentally Ill people are going to do what they do, gun, car, truck, whatever is at their disposal.

That is why few want to be in law enforcement….dammed if you do damned if you don't So many are playing "Monday Morning Quarterback" and boasting as WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE DONE. In reality, they probably would have sh-t their pants and ran. It makes me sick to see the media deflecting what happened to any one else other than the person and reason why he committed this devilish act. This shows you how the media/society will do whatever they can to further erode AUTHORITY.
Many reasons and right now in many areas they are having a very very hard time hiring quality newbies. This comes from the crazy relaxed hiring standards and insane background process. In addition to the very clear and obvious officers are a political commodity to the community agency state and feds.
They cut out many if not most of the best workers and true get things done for a lifetime applicants Then wash them through the academy and field training because they want a body. Most of the issues are the created by the public school indoctrinated society of the last 20 years not 2-3yrs.

I think It is not at its worst this issue in LE will get worse and take at least 15-20 yes to see a real change.

I've read most of the posts related to this thread, and if this was mentioned I may have missed it. Anyway, I find it ironic that the same groups that see more types of gun control as a solution to this problem, are the very same groups accepting the fact that EVERYDAY last year (in America), an average of 1723 unborn children were terminated! Again, not only accepting this fact, but demanding it not change. Please God, help us!

First off I was parentless. No I never wanted to go out and kill and murder anyone. Let's be careful throwing grenade at a certain group of people. This isn't what I think. It's what I know!!!! I lived with 40 to 50 young boys in the same boat as me. As far as I know all of us turned out contributing to society in a positive way.

The solution has nothing to do with gun control, that is just a stepping stone to take all guns by the Democrats. Remember when the Glock in the 90's was the big scary gun that needed to be banned, now its the AR15. Even if we banned all semi rifles and pistols we would have a shooting with a pump shotgun and those would be next. If Washington DC wasn't so corrupt and dysfunctional they might be able to figure something out. Almost every kid I went to school with had a gun in their truck or car, not one shooting ever. It is a society problem we are dealing with.

Will show it again, they have the answers but won't do them for the kids.

Attachments

• CD675912-C42E-4E3D-88B6-8288CAFC60E8.jpeg
    CD675912-C42E-4E3D-88B6-8288CAFC60E8.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 43
No... they don't.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Interesting article, thank you for posting it. I would critique the study as it focused on test subjects exposed to static pictures. It seems they didn't have any sardonic or masochistic test subjects who would have reacted with "mmm, looks fun!" or "delicious!" to the images.
What I also see it didn't account for was the endocrine or adrenal response in the victims. I can say from experience that looking at static images, like coming across mutilated body parts in a criminal law text book, versus the cortisol inducing landscape of a first person shooter game, are completely different physiological and psychological responses.

Having been an extreme video gamer (>1000 hour per year) for ~10 years, playing extremely violent games exclusively, it was my addictive escape. The only upside to such gaming was the adrenaline made the pain of my arthritis go away. One of the downsides was my wife and children all say that I was a short tempered person for a length of time following a gaming session.

I think gun control legislation in response to the Uvalde incident is the stupid application of a band-aid to a sucking chest wound -- the bigger issue runs much deeper, and it's not guns.
What I wrote on NWFA:

vvvvvvvvvv start quote from NWFA vvvvvvvvvvv

Without writing a diatribe in an attempt to support my assertions, I'll just cut to the bullet points:
  • Freedom is a balancing act where choice is given to the individual, and every choice is one that takes you in the direction of good or evil. BUT, every choice does have effects in both realms.
  • Behavior is a reflection of the individual's genetics, their upbringing, and societal mores.
    • In 100 years, we may be able to tinker with genetics enough to identify personality and propensity traits of people, and ultrimately affect those of the child in utero.
    • Societal mores are deeply imbued in the first four years in the family, and reinforced (or altered) by subliminal and direct messages from society (i.e. teachers, adults, MSM and social media).
  • I have long asserted that osmosis is one of the greatest forces in the universe, using a loose definition for the word force. A lot of what we see is the osmosis from the subliminal and direct messages by MSM and Social Media. From that, I assert that It is less the weapon's fault that a mass murder happens than it is the result of freedom of speech, which has greater effect on the individual wielding the weapon.
  • If society is truly wanting freedom, it would recognize that horrific outliers are the result of such freedom.
  • If society cannot accept those outliers, then it must accept that harsh limitations to those freedoms, including severe brutality as the consequential response to breaking those limits. I have long asserted, greater freedom demands greater brutality.
  • It would also recognize that limits to freedom of speech would have a greater effect on reducing "mass shootings" than limiting access to firearms.
I have worked decades in industries where processes are extremely hazardous and when things go nova, i.e. Chernobyl failure level, the area affected is measured in two or three digits of square miles, and there are lots of bodies to pull out. What do we do? We have multiple layers of safeguards in place, and we routinely check and test them.
The same applies to public safety.
  • Have plans which include passive protection, passive + active detection, and active response.
  • Regularly test and verify the passive systems, have notification in place when those systems are not working properly.
  • Train and test the active detection and response, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually.
  • Assiduously following the above would probably result in intercepting >99.999% of the outliers.

^^^^^^^^ end quote ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NO, quite a few, School's in Idaho, ARE,. "Armed" it's, just NOT,.. Broadcasted to,. the Public !
Yes, sadly , I DO Question, the First Responders "Bravery" or,.. LACK, thereof ( I don't, know ). Lots of,. Mistakes were, made,.. IMO !
I've made, a citizen's arrest and another Time, I drew my Pistol on, 3 would be, Mugger's, while Fishing alone, in the Back Country and IF, I heard of Kids being, Shot at,.. I'd GO,.. IN as, Nobody, Lives,.. forever !
THIS "stuff" will, "come out" just like, the Parkland shooting when, the Texas Rangers, Investigate

I'm with you on that. I could not in good conscience stand down and wait while people are being shot/killed. Couldn't do it. I have a Sheriff's commission for search & rescue. And unfortunately recovery sometimes. I'm on the church security team and we train for active shooter. What I'm getting at, I don't care what the orders are, I will go to the gunfire. Everybody will some day die. I'll do all I can to save others. Exspecially the kids. That's just me. I've been in burning buildings to get people out. I feel I'd have a better chance with a shooter.