Another reason Why I hate California

Folks, it ain't gonna better. Liberals are not go into quit until they get a total ban on firearms and ammunition. Right not they are winning is they have the avid firearm haters and we have the avid firearm lovers. The problem is the 33% who don't care one way or the other don align with us because any ban does not affect them. What they don't realize erosion of rights is the same as it is with soil. It occurs slowly, but the final outcome is a disaster.

In oregon several years ago I was denied a long rifle purchase...with 15 years of guiding and a ccw......didnt matter.....

Due to NICS system many states let you walk out the same day with a firearms purchase. If you pass the background check, since that's Federal I believe ALL purchases in gun store require that. In Oregon I don't need a CCW to walk out the same day with a firearm. And due to all the training I received I didn't take any classes or tests for my CCW either. All that training was in Cali too lol. I had more training then many SWAT dogs, yet I couldn't get a CCW in Cali. Walked in the local Sheriff's Office in Oregon with a stack of credentials and the supervisor told the clerk just to pick one lol.

In California it depends on what county you live in. The County Sheriff decides.
In a big city county, like San Fran, or L.A., you have to be politically connected to get a CCW, and few are handed out. I met an L.A. County Assistant DA who is a very competent shooter, but she can't get a CCW. They told her she could have one only if she was working with the Gang Task Force.
I have a CCW in Sacramento County, but if it were up to the Sacramento Mayor no one would have one. And the next Sheriff may decide to do away with average citizen CCWs.
In rural areas of California it's usually easy to get a CCW and they are often more liberal with how many guns you can have on your permit. (Current Sac County limit is three.)
But CCW or not, I still, each time, have to have a new background check and wait ten days to take home a .22 rifle, and now a background check, thumbprint, etc. to buy a box of .22s.

CA would have been a shall issue state passed by the voters, I believe that was passed around five years ago. But Kalama Harris sent that to Appeal court so no luck there.

I turn 55 this December. Decided to buy myself a wonderful senior citizen gift for myself in the form of a GA Precision Crusader in 6.5 PRC. It was suppose to be completed in early December but it arrived at the gun store a week ago. I started to fill out the paperwork and the salesman says I need my social security card and a utility bill showing the same address as my driver license. Is this just a California thing because last year when I purchased a rifle, my license and my retired sheriff ID was good enough. And don't even get me started on the taxes here.
I just looked at my SSN original card and there is no Address on it.

OMG!!
I've only driven through Needles once, that's as far west as I've ever been.
Does CA tell y'all how many squares of toilet tissue you can use to wipe your rear ends?!?
There are lots of places out there I'd like the see, but it almost makes me feel like I'd be watched everywhere I went.
Unless things have changed here, I can still walk in to the local academy, show my LTC and DL, fill out the paperwork, Hand over the cash, and walk out with a six shooter, AR, or shotgun of my choice.
GOD BLESS TEXAS!

CA would have been a shall issue state passed by the voters, I believe that was passed around five years ago. But Kalama Harris sent that to Appeal court so no luck there.

Kamalalala is getting her due. Voters in other states seem to see what a phony she is.

Got to look at the Democratic party as "a HOLE".....
Unfit for presidential office by their own accords....
.....Bernie Sanders...heart attack....no way...besides his corrupt book deal with the payoff from the DNC......absolutely not possible....
.....Biden already stole from the country and has been caught lying about it....and he is showing dementia.....no way...
.....KHarris caught lying and changing laws fo fit her own benefit...i like what the fired cop said to do to her.....no way...
.....Warren the lying Indian.....i always thought Indians told no lies....which one is it.....did she pay back all the money she got from federal monies while having lied about birth right.....no...no way...
....the gay mayor.......yeah....right....no way.....
....the black guy from back east that is after his own book deal...How i got shafted while running for president......no way...

There was one lady who had a chance to defeat Trump in 2020....not the blonde that dropped out....but the gorgeous brunette that called out KHarris for her illegal actions.....
I would have listened to more of her....she had promise.....and if i remember correctly she had served in the service.....another bonus....

xsn10s,
Yeah, Our daughter, a successful entertainment attorney, wants us to move there to be with the grandkids and for our own care if we get very ill B/C we're in our late 70s.

But my wife and I are both very healthy and active so hopefully that's a long way off (in dog years).

Eric B.

In California it depends on what county you live in. The County Sheriff decides.
In a big city county, like San Fran, or L.A., you have to be politically connected to get a CCW, and few are handed out. I met an L.A. County Assistant DA who is a very competent shooter, but she can't get a CCW. They told her she could have one only if she was working with the Gang Task Force.
I have a CCW in Sacramento County, but if it were up to the Sacramento Mayor no one would have one. And the next Sheriff may decide to do away with average citizen CCWs.
In rural areas of California it's usually easy to get a CCW and they are often more liberal with how many guns you can have on your permit. (Current Sac County limit is three.)
But CCW or not, I still, each time, have to have a new background check and wait ten days to take home a .22 rifle, and now a background check, thumbprint, etc. to buy a box of .22s.
FWIW:
Ventura County, CA. only requires you to say you want a CCW for self protection. Of course you need to be of good character and pass a background check. Maximum # of guns is 3 (by serial number). The downside $$$ wise is you have to pay the Sherriff's Office a filing fee, pay for the background check, pay for the electronic finger printing and pay for a certified CCW trainer lecture, written test and a actual CCW live fire test for each weapon. You can be out $700 to $ 900.
Even though I am older than dirt I just did it and have one.

I still have to sign a ledger and provide a driver's license to buy even a box of 22s. The CCW doesn't count for anything re buying ammo.

Remember to vote and vote often.

I bought a new shotgun today. The lady that waited on me recently moved here from California. Filled out the paperwork, gave her my DL and nix NICS card (ccw). She wrote down the numbers, i paid her and walked out of the store with it. She said it was harder to buy ammo at home and would never go back. Remember folks, this is your right, not a privilege.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.