Magneeto Speed

Shane Lindsey

Good morning,

Anyone have issues getting it to pick up the velocities on a consistent basis?

It tells me the Bayo is good but "Sen1" code is coming up.

I have gone through three of these and they seem to work well for about 100 rounds and then they just give up. Maybe they do not like muzzle brakes...too much blast directed at it vice straight away?

Started getting same type of sensor codes and would not pick up velocities.

Magneeto Speed sent me a new dispay module on the last one and it still wouldn't pick up velocities. I take care of mu stuff, so not sure if the bayo is getting beat up by concussion or what.

One outing it will work fine. Two weeks ago, fine, yesterday, nada...

The only problem I had with mine was when I clipped it with a round, had to replace the bayonet. It has worked great with 6.5CM, 7SAUM and 338SS.

They have tapered spacers for sale on their site. At $5 it's worth trying LINK

Good morning,

Anyone have issues getting it to pick up the velocities on a consistent basis?

It tells me the Bayo is good but "Sen1" code is coming up.

I have gone through three of these and they seem to work well for about 100 rounds and then they just give up. Maybe they do not like muzzle brakes...too much blast directed at it vice straight away?
Bummer! It is supposed to work with muzzle brakes.

For what it is worth ...

A couple thoughts:

Was the temperature below freezing, (i.e. 32 F)?

You need to use the 1/4" spacing rod to align the bayonet about 1/4" below the bullet.

Have used a V2 and now V3 for years and never an issuewith my braked rifles. You need to make sure you use the spacer and the bayonet is correct distance from the bore. If too much you get error codes. Make sure to look down the bore to make sure it is not in the bullet's path also.

You have a picture of it on your rifle?

Mine has some burn marks on it from brakes but works fine 99% of the time. My only complaint about it is the cheap plastic readout, mine comes apart all the time and just feels cheap. It wouldn't cost much to improve the quality of that piece.

Recent Posts